Bagged and Boosted 71 4dr 510

• Replies 857
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So ive been doing a little research lately, to those that still look at this thread what do you think about this

l20b block bored 2mm over to fit dished sr20det pistons with z22e rods giving roughly 3mm deck clearence (if i calculated it all right)

Have the crank and rods machined for new bearings, and have the rotating assembly lightened and balanced.

That just about wraps up the bottom end. I was thinking an open chamber u67 head, but as far as valves and cam etc im still reseaching that stuff.

I had heard or read about at one point that someone makes metal headgaskets for the l series, i cant seem to find them, can anyone else confirm this? a link meybe?

And of course if i got around to actually doing and affording all this work i would build a much nicer header and intake system, plumb an intercooler in find a different set of carbs, revamp the fueling system and hope to run 12lbs.

Any input appreciated

What and why?

i figure if im going to put all that work into it, i mine as well pick up a set that doesnt have bent up linkage, a bent up choke that sticks and two broken float bowl screw tabs that are fixed with jb weld and leak a little!

i ordered 160 mains lastnight, gunna drop from 175s, and one of these days in the upcoming week im gunna pull my intake and weld a nipple to each runner so i can properly balance them. The little things that i used to blow off are really starting to bug me for some reason.

My dad went to town on the back of my car, its way straighter now, fix the rust in the rockers and its almost ready for primer and bondo.

I tapped into my intake mani so i could finally balance them

I changed up my timing a bit, now that all the runners are tapped i combined all 4 and am pulling constanct advance at idle and right off idle, this allowed me to retard it a bit more and still have it run decent down low. and having all 4 combined makes my bov work a little better

There still not balanced perfectly but i dont have those random pops out the carbs anymore which is good

ill post pics as soon as photobucket decides to start working again

Spuddy. Did you ever get anywhere with building camber plates? i remember you were going to try.

Every time I see 510's with plates, although they are adjustable they are almost always adjusted all the way negative So I'm thinkin I might try to build some simple non adjustable plates. Just to get more neg camber. Set it and forget it kinda thing.

I have the origanal set i made on my car, however because of how i have it setup with the bags and trying to get it low, the camber is "fixed" as negative as itll go.

I still have a wood template you could photocopy and put into cad or something if you want, and if you really wanted i miigghhtt be able to get the file if he still has it and you could use it to cut out plates

I have the origanal set i made on my car, however because of how i have it setup with the bags and trying to get it low, the camber is "fixed" as negative as itll go.

I still have a wood template you could photocopy and put into cad or something if you want, and if you really wanted i miigghhtt be able to get the file if he still has it and you could use it to cut out plates

OOOOOoooooorrrr you could cut two out for me and I'll give ya 20 bucks and two high fives.

Haha if i can get ahold of the file i could probally get some cut out, all my friends that were cutting me stuff have since graduated though!

Even if i can get you the plates youll still have to figure out a better to make the sliding portion.

No dude, you not understandy! Static camber. NO adjustability. Just like stock but more neg camber. Stock the strut just bolts into a hole in the center. If I make a flat plate that bolts up, then move the mount hole a few degreese inward, I have neg camber set. No messing around and CHEAP P P!!

See, lika dis! EZ Cheezy

xre1g.jpg

• 2 weeks later...