Datsun Bug Design Contest!!!! w/ prizes. Deadline May 15th

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

so let me get this straight just for entering you get a rat and wrenches and if you win you get some vinyl work done?

No Bonvo, you misunderstood. I said a pair of rat 'n wrenches :D It seems 71 Dimer was upset that I wanted to sell rat 'n wrenches decals, since he has been selling them for a while. This came to my knowledge AFTER I cut 120 of them of course! Sooooo.... Gotta do sumthin w/ 'em. I'm taking a hit financially for that, but I'll be selling them at Canby to help fund my registration and fuel costs, and they will be useful as a promotion for this contest. Also, my rat 'n wrenches design is unique, so If I see one on someone's ride, I'll know it's mine :D

• Like 1

ok so 2 rat and wrenches for entering and vinyl work if you win damn now i can paint the bottom of my hood for canby i didnt want to paint over my rat and wrenches under the hood lol

Im no good at art but here is my entry.

IMG_0056.png

If my drawing doesn't get my vision across, here is what I was going for.

Headlight eyes, grill mouth, those mirrors that go up on the fenders for antennae, Datsun D badge on his belly, and antenna for arms.

^^^ I think that with a bit of color and clean up (still keeping the simple sketch idea), that would actually turn out really nice. I dont know what your plans are, but you should do a bit more on it before the deadline happens and see what you come up with.

It seems 71 Dimer was upset that I wanted to sell rat 'n wrenches decals, since he has been selling them for a while.

That must be why he wouldn't reply when I asked him for a vector for a project we were trying to do..... hmm. Good thing there's more than one person who knows how to vector shit :fu:

All these entries are lookin awesome people!!! Keep up the good work. I'm going to send out the entry prizes as designs are submitted so I don't have to deal w/ a huge rush of shipping at the end of the contest. I will PM each of you who have made submissions to get your color choice and shipping info. Again, all these designs look great, keep up the good work!!!

Looks like we're up to 5 contestants! Looking sharp people. Remember, let's keep it original, use only your own artwork. I'm busy processing and shipping out the entry prizes as we speak!!! Thank you all for your participation. To those of you on the fence about submitting a design: what have you got to lose??? As long as it's not a crappy stick-figure you doodled while picking your nose, you qualify for 2 Ratsun decals in the color of your choice... Just for entering!!!!!

Looks like we're up to 5 contestants! Looking sharp people. Remember, let's keep it original, use only your own artwork. I'm busy processing and shipping out the entry prizes as we speak!!! Thank you all for your participation. To those of you on the fence about submitting a design: what have you got to lose??? As long as it's not a crappy stick-figure you doodled while picking your nose, you qualify for 2 Ratsun decals in the color of your choice... Just for entering!!!!!

Sorry if I missed it, but what colors are available?

Bump.

Color options for decals include: Dark blue, Blue, Grey, Orange, Neon pink, Neon green, Matte White, Black, Red, Chrome, Blue chrome, Green chrome, Purple chrome, Pink chrome, Gold chrome. All the colored chromes except the pink are on order, should arrive in 3-6 days.

I present to you, The Datsun Virus(Datsunviridae).

virus-3.gif

Datsunviridae is a highly contagious illness caused by primary infection through contact(visual or physical) with any known species of Datsun. It usually starts with denial, followed by slight signs of interest. As it fulfills the incubation period within its host(varies from case to case), it soon manifests itself as full blown obsession. Bouts of longing and insomnia follow, and eventually, the final stages of collecting and hoarding. On examination, the observer typically finds mounds of parts stashed somewhere nearby the victim.

• Like 3