1977 620 disk brakes

datsun77

X2... Disturb not the lion in his lair, nor the wizard in his tower.

Yeah...ditto. Um, whatever that means. :lol:

This almost sounds like the "lamers" thread. This seems to come up every time we get a rush of new members who aren't sure what to do or are too lazy to look before they ask. My opinion about this is not too important because I spend more time learning than teaching.

It is an important subject, and should get hashed out like it is now...again. I hope the new guy gets his answer out of all of this. I have had my share of looking for an answer and not finding a specific fact or procedure I was looking for then I post a question about the specific thing I need.

The original question was posed about disc brakes being interchangeable from a modified 79 620 to a stock 77 620. Datsun77, The simple answer is.....look at the 79 and see for yourself what is different and then you will see what needs to be changed to make it work. Also, use the search to find more information about doing the swap. I think that would be the best answer to this question. Then if you have questions about a specific part or procedure feel free to ask.

That would have left this off with a simple look for your self answer. :cool:

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OK ENOUGH! If the fuckin information was so simple to find do you honestly think we would be sitting here asking people who just tell you to go find it yourself????? Every tom dick and harry (Sorry Tom) wants to know "how to put disk brakes on thier fucking truck". They don't ask if you can swap them from 78/79 to a previous year. Maybe some where in the shit load of "disk brake" threads it's there. I spent 2 damn days reading through threads asking the same fucking question over and over. I'VE GOT BETTER THINGS TO DO ALSO!!!! You know, Like going out to my two trucks and looking for myself sence nobody is human enough to share the fucking information they find so secretive.

Personally I don't see why you can't just take the upper and lower arms and swap them and the outers to a early 620. Do you think someone here could answer me???????????FUCK NO Their busy. So until then I guess I'll just let my truck sit there and keep reading. :fu:

Can I have a hug now????????

OK ENOUGH! If the fuckin information was so simple to find do you honestly think we would be sitting here asking people who just tell you to go find it yourself????? Every tom dick and harry (Sorry Tom) wants to know "how to put disk brakes on thier fucking truck". They don't ask if you can swap them from 78/79 to a previous year. Maybe some where in the shit load of "disk brake" threads it's there. I spent 2 damn days reading through threads asking the same fucking question over and over. I'VE GOT BETTER THINGS TO DO ALSO!!!! You know, Like going out to my two trucks and looking for myself sence nobody is human enough to share the fucking information they find so secretive.

Personally I don't see why you can't just take the upper and lower arms and swap them and the outers to a early 620. Do you think someone here could answer me???????????FUCK NO Their busy. So until then I guess I'll just let my truck sit there and keep reading. :fu:Can I have a hug now????????

Are you for real?? The answer to your question is in this thread!

Since you are too busy pissing and moaning to read it. I have copied them below! Please note, both of these are from above in this thread.

Look carefully at the upper arm mounts. The kingpins ones are mounted parallel (the bolt, not the arm) to the frame. The balljoint one has a offset of around 7 degrees or more. It's the upper-arm tower (welded to the frame) that's different.

Hence the reason I came up with an upper arm that allows you to put these parts on a kingpin truck.

That pretty much sums up why you can't just bolt on '78-'79 suspension and disc brakes on a pre-'78 truck. There's an explanation of the issue and the widely accepted solution.

Awwwww, slodat beat me to it.

If you'll notice some of the other threads where people made any effort at all before posting (ex. J13 alternator replacement/upgrade, 521 and 320 rescue), we're falling all over ourselves to help.

I would've had no problem if you had said you had tried searching, but were unable to find a specific answer. Instead, I'm too busy to read all this, but fuck you all because you're too busy to respond.

And now that we've all properly vented, back to our regular scheduled programming....

For the record, I found 14 different places on here that talk about fitting the ball joint ('78-'79) suspension on king pin trucks - which is what this thread is actually about. I go into in my truck build thread.. Anyway...

I'm liking this ignore user feature that Jukeizm's bs drove me to use. I now have a couple more on the list!

Direct quote from first post in the FAQ...

2eDeYe;30495']

Brakes

Truck Brakes

Finelines - Disc brakes for your Kingpin Truck

Fronts

Backs

Glengemans - Front Disc & Ball Joint Swap

Custom Upper Control Arm Method

2nd link there is late model brakes with balljoints swapped onto a 77 620... :rolleyes:

OK. If the answer was in front of MY face and I failed to see it I'M SORRY I BLEW UP. I will try to pay closer attention to what I'm reading instead of looking for my "canned" answer in the future.

My sincerest apploloies to everyone.

Jes

you know what guys, i see alot of my friends searching for stuff on the internet.. an they typin in way way too much info.. the less you type the more you find.. if you search for "620 disc" you will find ALOT of shit.. but if you type in "620 king pin ball joint disc" your not going to find as much.. ya its more specific but sometimes search buttons take stuff out of context, anyway the search button can be friendly if you know what to search for, sometimes less is more! :) my .02

btw this ^^ commin from a guy who jus posts random dumb questions all the time.. ;) :fu: