Wanted: Fender Rolling Expert

i have seen your car please don't roll your fenders .....i know the tan car your going for in the look dept.....from the pics of the aero wheels on your car i can say the offset is different than that tan car...plus i like your rendering that u came up with, stick with some narrower rims....that car is too clean toun reversable mod...

i think this was covered but u can't un roll a rolled fender...i did the jun method on my mazda to fit titans under stock sheetmetal...I am now building a narrowed rear end for my new bed....it anialated to perfectly good 18 tires sidewalls...i clearanced it for now with the jun method.... two hands alot of body weight and no reguard for how my bed would look....beds are easy to find ....mint rear quarters for a 4dr.....those are the chupacabra of the datsun world...

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Gross. I would never buy either of those types of rims. Rolling and pulling is a very small price to pay for a set of rims you like. Its not like Im using 2" spacers and cutting up the car for flares, just so I can use a set of rims I have. My rims sizes arent ridiculous so I shall be fine.

Seriously.

alright never mind ..... i followed your thread and this now but your gonna call rotas or panasports gross.... when your wheels look like some failed dirt car late model converted back to street so u can get to work shit....

never mind hack up a nice car ...maybe it will be done in time for the hard park nationals...theres a thread on honda tech about dropping your coilovers with out taking your wheel off....please take down your rendering as u are going with a nascar style themed build...( i love nascar...on a track...)insert large good year or moroso logo instead....

and for the record u said fenders..... f is for front ... quarters are in the rear.....and a bonnet is either front or back so ....in the end it wont matter ...cause its your car and like i alwasy told people when they ask for a opinion...

hey its not my car, i don't have to drive it...

Hahahaha

Since you said you read my thread you should have noticed the reason I bought "NASCAR" rims... so that I could put stock hubcaps on them. Im not trying to imitate the tan car. I bought 13's not the 16's he has and once I put hubcaps back on them, you wont even be able to see them. Im just waiting for the shitty weather to end here in Washington so I can paint outside.

what a little rain is all i see.....i was about to order some new hoops for my stock wheels .... was thinking about cuttin the center out and remounting on a new hoop so i can have offset with out spacers and run stock caps... but then i remembered that my wheels are only 600 bux and doing all that would be half that much and twice the time so why not just by the right wheel to fit my wagon.... i dont know how u will get the cap to stay on that style of wheel but i am sure u got that figured out by now...

The weather isnt horrible, but even that little rain ruins my painting efforts. I live in an apartment where the only space to do projects is a 4ft by 5ft patio open to the elements. Since I started working in a shop, if it doesnt dry out the next couple of days, then Im taking them to the shop to clean and paint them.

Ive test fit the hubcaps on them and they stay perfectly. There is a small lip on them just like stock steelies (maybe the larger ones dont?) that the teeth around the cap can bite into.

no i just couldnt tell from the pic....plus i am thinking of 521 caps they lock on a center ring .... the car caps should fit about any wheel that has the right diameter.... sorry my bad the whole rbs and panasports are gross threw my mind in a tissy

No worries brother. I will give you that Pana's are ok-ish, but I do not like RBs at all. I mentioned it in another thread, but I do not like Rotas at all. Ive seen a few threads pop up on how shoddy their craftsmanship is as well as the fact that they just copy all of their wheel designs. I dont like fake wheels personally. I wont fault anyone else really for getting them if thats what they like though.

Dog dishes are nice, but Im going with the bullseyes. If I could find a set of GL hubcaps I would rock those, but I cant find those anywhere.

I've hacked up many a fender making the car fit the wheels... 18x11 Weds Kranze on the rear of a frame-laying 400-hp S13 droptop, most recently.

While I think the whole "cambered / stretched / flushness" fad is incredibly gay (I like wide tires), I'd never fault someone for massaging some metal to make their s*** fit.

It's WAY better than being some douche with an old musclecar that never gets driven.... Roll them fenders, T.

your car is the only car on ratsun, besides my sedan, that I think a fender roll would ruin.

I can't think of anything more useless than a Datto without rolled fender lips. :P

Them shits is sharp, yo. If you want to lower it even a tiny bit, and want to fit tires even a tiny bit wider than stock, and don't want to cut into the tire sidewall on every bump in the road, rolling the rear lips is a must.

Ive only seen one picture once of a set. I assume they were for the GL trim level but I may be wrong because I can find very little info on trim level specifics. Ill try to describe them the best I can. They look similar to bullseyes, but (starting from the outside in) it goes polished aluminum ring, flat black indented ring, and then in place of the domed polished aluminum center, its stamped flat with the GL logo surrounded by flat black again. Im trying to find the picture, but am so far unlucky.

Der Der Der ....... ... . rolling the fenders on a 4dr 510 only helps a little,,, ,, ,, pulling them won't "help" the problem

.... the problem is the "bump" inside the fender lip,,, ,,, which is the rear door jam ........ .. bring a welder and cut-off wheel

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.