Wanted: Fender Rolling Expert

Well, Im at the stage in wheel fitment where Im going to need to roll and pull my fenders to get the fitment that I want. Unfortunately one of the tools my shop doesnt have is a fender roller. Is there anyone semi-local to me that would be willing to roll and pull all four of my fenders? Id prefer not to resort to the baseball bat method if possible. Willing to pay for time and effort. I just know Im going to want to drop the rear lower and to fit my 15x8s in the rear this is a necessary step. Please let me know if someone can help.

Looking for a person in the Kitsap/Seattle/Tacoma area.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

there was a guy on craigslist in Portland using the Eastwood brand one that was trying to get some work. maybe there is a guy in your area?

I didnt think to look at CL, thats a pretty good idea, thanks!

You're going to need a retarded amount of camber to fit 8" wheels without flares. Just lettin you know lol. Not sure if that's the look you're going for.

Ive known them to fit non-flared 510s, but Im going to need to roll/pull, use a bit of a stretched tire, and rock a few degrees of negative camber. Im OK with 3-5 degrees... maybe not 10, but we will see what needs to be done when I get there.

Silverdale is near Seattle, Wa. Phoenix might be a bit of a drive... Thanks for the offer though. The old site allowed subtitles for threads where it listed it as Kitsap/Seattle/Tacoma area. Edited the first post for better location.

I got mine for $225, I think Eastwood was listing them on ebay for a while.

Required reading, before you start:

http://www.nicoclub.com/archives/how-to-roll-your-vehicles-fenders.html

http://www.nicoclub.com/archives/how-to-fender-rolling-pulling.html

http://www.nicoclub.com/archives/fender-rollingpulling-how-to.html

I'm not sure I'd rent mine out unless it made sense, $-wise. My last one got destroyed by some local dipshits who can now no longer show their face at local events (I kinda hold a grudge :devil: )

But if there were 4+ people who wanted to use it for a "fender-rolling party", I'd loan it out for like $100 + shipping (which would make the per-person price pretty cheap).

• Like 1

I got mine for $225, I think Eastwood was listing them on ebay for a while.

Required reading, before you start:

http://www.nicoclub....es-fenders.html

http://www.nicoclub....ng-pulling.html

http://www.nicoclub....ing-how-to.html

I'm not sure I'd rent mine out unless it made sense, $-wise. My last one got destroyed by some local dipshits who can now no longer show their face at local events (I kinda hold a grudge :devil: )

But if there were 4+ people who wanted to use it for a "fender-rolling party", I'd loan it out for like $100 + shipping (which would make the per-person price pretty cheap).

Yeah, Im thinking I might just pick one up and sell it back to my shop... rent it out to some locals, no one I dont really know to minimize the chances of it getting ruined.

Creepy is out of Spokane

That he is... its a little farther than I want to drive though. I might as well just learn if I cant find anyone local. It doesnt look too hard.

I did the bat method and I got the first rear wheel well fitting fine but the rustier side of the car not only chewed up the bat it also bent the inner lip all to hell and rolled it in and out and i had to take off the wheel and vice grip/ hammer it. Turned out mad shitty looking but car was 300 bucks so who cares

End result

0209011656.jpg

0124011519.jpg

May I add it was Hella unfunctional I drove around town and to a few local hangouts and it literally shaved grooves into the sidewalls, super dangerous tire blow out stupid don't do the bat method

Also it was funny my shocks were so crappy the first attempt it didn't do anything because the bat just lifted the car up and compressed the mushy opposite side we ended up having to have a couple of my friends sit on the rear hatch to weigh it down lol

^^^

Good plan redbanner deff rent his roller econo heat guns are like 40 bucks too and well worth it you can see where the paint chipped off

How much do you have to pull?

The metal on the rear lip on 4D's and wagons is a few layers thick. If it's just a little, a roller/bat will do but anything more than that you're going to have to massage with a body hammer. Anything more than that and you're going to need a BFH and some pulling with your hands (my route!)

My brother has one of those Eastwood rollers and it didn't do much to my rear lip. Maybe if I spent all day massaging it but the metal back there is pretty solid.

this is why I said buy the correct size rim in the first place Frank in Everett might be able to do it.$$$$$$$

$465 for Rota RBs and your done $500 for used Panasports when they come up.

How boring.

• Like 1

How much do you have to pull?

The metal on the rear lip on 4D's and wagons is a few layers thick. If it's just a little, a roller/bat will do but anything more than that you're going to have to massage with a body hammer. Anything more than that and you're going to need a BFH and some pulling with your hands (my route!)

My brother has one of those Eastwood rollers and it didn't do much to my rear lip. Maybe if I spent all day massaging it but the metal back there is pretty solid.

I dont have to pull it out much. And I dont mind a little bit of massage work. I know a few people tucking the size Im going for so Im not worried at all. Your wagon looks great with the work you put into the fenders.

this is why I said buy the correct size rim in the first place Frank in Everett might be able to do it.$$$$$$$

$465 for Rota RBs and your done $500 for used Panasports when they come up.

Gross. I would never buy either of those types of rims. Rolling and pulling is a very small price to pay for a set of rims you like. Its not like Im using 2" spacers and cutting up the car for flares, just so I can use a set of rims I have. My rims sizes arent ridiculous so I shall be fine.

How boring.

Seriously.

Its not like Im using 2" spacers and cutting up the car for flares.

Um... its the same bro. You cant un flair it, your car is the only car on ratsun, besides my sedan, that I think a fender roll would ruin.

But hey its yours right, go for it.

I plan on rollin the b, but I doubt any one would ever cry over that :lol:

To each their own I guess. I have no issues with rolling fenders... Hell in the future I might flare it whenever I want to put for the effort since its a 4dr. The fenders arent perfect so I wont be ruining much. Theres some dents and creases in them that Im not sure if I can get out. You just cant see them in the pictures Ive taken.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.