Rear diff for 510 needed in portland area

r160, r180, doesn't matter. been having a knocking sound for awhile, thought it was clutch but sound remained after fixed. looks like I need a new rear diff-and I dont know many datsun enthusiasts around here, so if anyone knows of where I could get one locally (as they are not shipping friendly) it would be most appreciated!

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Knocking? Checked u-joints?

Yep, checked them and there is no damage to them at all. Was driving , and the knocking eventually got worse and then bam-right rear locks up in the middle of the road. Could only go in reverse at that point.

Apparently the stock diffs on 510s are pretty weak from what ive been reading. I was hard on it too the last few months with pizza delivery job, which looking back was DEFINITELY not worth the wear and tear I put on it. ugh...

I have one but I'm a lil ways away from Hood River. Im just north of Vancouver. if you are interested email here or im-thrasher@hotmail.com

Thanks man, I will. This forum is great, instant responses, helpful people. I should've gotten into this the minute I bought my 510!

Its your lucky day, I have a good working stock 3.90 I just swapped out last week for an LSD. You will need to use your stubs, but its yours if you want to come get it in Beaverton. PM me your number if your interested.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.