Look what my sis got me :D

Icehouse

I got 3 manuals in total from her, but this was the only factory service one. I collect them, Its the only real collection I've every had :D

520%20manuel.jpg

P.S the cover is kinda ruff but the pages are perfect!!!

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That's funny.....couldn't find one when we did the scanning, but I just picked one up at the last DatsunNW swap meet. :)

We can no longer get the scanning done like we did....so enjoy what's there.....I doubt there will be any added.

It was done on a commercial scanner that you would do about 100pages at a whack...straight to .pdf files. If it was a matter of scanning pages individually....they still wouldn't be done! :) Most of them had to be copied first so that the pages were not dog eared. Of course, the manuals had to be purchased and several were shipped back and forth across the country. Between the key contributors, we spent around $500 making those manuals available. That's why you keep seeing me post the website everytime someone asks a question that could be answered with the manual! :) I have enough trouble with guys not even buying a Haynes manual that's still available, but being too lazy to download the free ones is extremely hard for me to swallow......I don't care how long dial up takes....plus, Bre620 has offered to send CD's to those with dialup....just pay for the cd and the postage. Anyway....didn't mean to go on a rant there, but it's a dang good thing we're not all as lazy as some of the guys I've seen on the forums. Obviously, I'm not talking about anyone here since you all seem to have used the free ones or have your own manuals. Anyway......back to our sponsors :)

• 2 weeks later...

Its good to see I'm not the only collecter :D I just won a fsm for a 1200 off ebay, 10 bucks shipped :D I don't really care if there mint I just want all of them! Haha mint would be nice though :)

• 2 months later...

I know this is an old thread but I am going to try to scan and upload some of my manuals. I found a scanner at work the I was told I could use. I just need to find a place to get the bindings cut off and I will start with the scanning. Also, the PDFs I create will be searchable... That doesn't mean that every word will translate perfectly but you should be able to get to what you are looking for easier.

2eDeYe;12933'']Nice...any progress on that KC model? :D

You know what is funny is I was thinking about that earlier this week... I need to finish that up... I am still unsure how it will turn out but I suppose the worst that can happen is that it doesnt turn out... I need to get some more of the resin and stuff for it as the project requires more than I thought... I should have plenty of free time and space when my roommate moves out to do it... The scanning of books is easier and cheaper to do atm... :P

Hey, I'm glad that I found this thread. I just the other day started a project along this topic's line. I have, over the years, collected EVERY plastic fuse panel cover that I have found. I have about 8 now, BUT, the fuse location is different from year to year. Did I take a minute with a "sharpie" to mark the year of the truck it was removed from anywhere??? NOOOOoooooooo!!!! So here I am with all these fuse covers. What fits what??? WAAAaaaaLAAaaaa......... I am looking in one of My manuels the other day and there is a little picture of the fuse cover. I go get My magnifying glass and guess what? I can plainly see the locations!! Now I go get My other manuels (I only have 4 total) and sure enough, the locations are DIFFERENT!!! I have just solved My answer!! I had, on the other forum, asked if anyone could make replica covers in plastic. Someone should be able to take a good one for a pattern, and make plain ones. We can then make clear plastic stickers to apply with the correct location of just what year We own. Help anyone?????

Alright, I got my favorite one of y books scanned and I will upload it to send space later but right now I am just uploading the Table Of Contents and My favorite chapter. So untill I get home, enjoy!

Cover And Table Of Contents

Cool Chapter

Like I said, I will upload 1 big file and for those on slow connections the chapters individually.

EDIT: I have 3 more books to go... I will do the rest probably next week.

• 2 weeks later...

OK, here, in order, are the fuse locations that I have. The date listed is the printers date OF THE OWNERS MANUEL. The truck "SHOULD BE CORRECT" AS THAT DATE MATCHES THE MANUEL'S DATE ON THE FRONT. From top to bottom

1973 manuel printed in September

fusesept73.jpg

1975 Manuel printed in March 1975

fusemarch75.jpg

1977 Manuel printed Feb. 1977

fusefeb1977.jpg

Oh, and yes, that scan of the 1973 owner's manuel was from My first truck, the Datsun SS. I still have the MSRP side window sticker, the California rear window temporary sticker, the warantee book, the front license plate (You can see here why it was removed) and the Escondido Datsun license plate frame. SAVE EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5700DatsunSS2.jpg

5700DatsunSS.jpg