Project 5Teeezy.........A Pharaoh's 510.....

Busta Nut

New ride hieght.........we're gonna roll this height for now.....feels good.....

IMG_7242_zps504a90f0.jpg

IMG_7243_zps2a15a668.jpg

IMG_7244_zps27e382f3.jpg

.......exhaust header flange is exactly 2" from the ground.......we'll see how that goes....

• Like 2
  • Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh shit...you rerally do have the air shocks....dayuum, dude, those are rank!  I will give you my Koni's for cheap cheap 80-1915 rear camaro, with urethane bushings.  That makes total sense, indeed a true air damper will alter ride height!

you can have em' for 50.00 for the pair...they are being replaced with Ohlins TTX36.  Air shock = poop......unless you are towing.  But in general as far as shocks go....they blow goats!

Damn!....tell me how you really feel :lol:

Yes....I've heard they're crap.......but they're working great for now......I just need them to get me to Canby and back.......

......................then I can start collecting parts for an ENTIRE rear end conversion :sneaky:

I'll think about the shocks.......I really just want coilovers......if I do regular shocks....I'd have to get different springs and cut them again.....mer

• Like 1

You know, I've heard this same "truism" from several people. But never seen one failure from not doing it. Just sayin'...

Same goes for the lower mount.  Always hear people recommend reinforcement but never heard about a failure...

• Like 1

Well............I'm willing to be the guinea pig.........I'll let you know what fails first if at all.........

Drove her a little harder last night to test the suspension......loooooong fast freeway off ramps and short tight turns......

Absolutely no rubbing and no bottoming out!! :thumbup:  :thumbup: ......exhaust barely scraped on a real bad driveway.......that's it....

You know what that means.............. 

..............needs moar lowar :sneaky:  :sneaky:

• Like 2

just read this whole thread. Lots of excellent pictures. I learned some good stuff.

My exhaust is also my lowest part, I have ~1.5" under it and it is too low for my local roads (too much scrapage). I have tiny 155/55r14 tires so im hoping to get myself in the 2" range with some bigger rubber and maybe lowar suspension if I over compensate with the tires.

Keep at it, your dime is looking stellar, might even move to rattle can paint job so I can tackle body work little by little. Yours looks awesome and mine isn't chiny anyway.

• Like 1

just read this whole thread. Lots of excellent pictures. I learned some good stuff.

My exhaust is also my lowest part, I have ~1.5" under it and it is too low for my local roads (too much scrapage). I have tiny 155/55r14 tires so im hoping to get myself in the 2" range with some bigger rubber and maybe lowar suspension if I over compensate with the tires.

Keep at it, your dime is looking stellar, might even move to rattle can paint job so I can tackle body work little by little. Yours looks awesome and mine isn't chiny anyway.

Thx house....

I wanna tackle the body work real bad.....even finish my ghetto paint job.....but to me....drivability takes precedence....

yep, its a fact that the tower was not engineered to take a spring load.  

That doesn't mean it won't...   B)

That sheet metal is pretty thin up there

About as thin as what's on plenty of cars with struts in the back, so...  ^_^

Again, I didn't say it's ideal, and it's obviously not going to hurt anything to reinforce it, but I (and all the other 510 guys I know) haven't seen any evidence that you need to. 

Still a good idea though.   :thumbup:

• Like 1

That doesn't mean it won't...   B)

About as thin as what's on plenty of cars with struts in the back, so...  ^_^

Again, I didn't say it's ideal, and it's obviously not going to hurt anything to reinforce it, but I (and all the other 510 guys I know) haven't seen any evidence that you need to. 

Still a good idea though.   :thumbup:

whatever man....

Jeeezass you should change your name to JBustarock i just clicked on here and it was page 51.

:rofl:

I have less drama & moar oics!! :P

....and the lower mount is in single shear. No sprung shock should be mounted in single shear. Totally wrong. But hey....theres an ass for every seat.

I'll my ass in this seat,.......

So.......I understand the right and wrong wy to do things......I believe in doing things the right way......as you can see by most of my build....

The things that aren't perfect have NOT been addressed yet......AND......I like to learn from some experience as long as it's not dangerous......

The rear shocks have been on this car since I got it.......

I drove all the way to Canby last year on these shocks......been driving on them since then also......

I get it......it's not ideal........but it's also NOT permanent......

Enough with the rear shock issue unless someone has some input I don't already know.......I will let you guys know if something gives <_<

We can start an argument in the suspension section :P

You should look at the front of your 510...   :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:

Or the back of a 280ZX.    :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl:

Okay. I'll stop now. I promise.   ^_^

My aplogizes, I should have clarified....with a bolt size under 14mm...which the 510 is and the stud is not re-enforced either.  And ummm... a spindle and a single shear damper mount are exactly the same huh?  *thumbs up*.

@ busta.  If you want to try the Koni's out I can drop them by on Monday or Tuesday....they are just sitting in my rolling shell.

My aplogizes, I should have clarified....with a bolt size under 14mm...which the 510 is and the stud is not re-enforced either.  

Again, the 280ZX rear uses the same mount as a 510, and is the same size, and uses a spring/shock combo on it, and is about 1000 pounds heavier, and doesn't break/bend. 

And ummm... a spindle and a single shear damper mount are exactly the same huh? 

Who said anything about a spindle?   :rofl:

The front LCA mount is single shear on a 510, and holds up a lot more weight. But you are definitely right about bolt size. The front single-shear LCA bolt is HUGE.  :thumbup: