Project 5Teeezy.........A Pharaoh's 510.....

Busta Nut

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah i here you on the left turns man the three cities around me all have mega amount of traffic roundabouts,, although they do move traffic at a impressive rate,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,  der fumes are insane inside vehicle at times :sick:

Are you old enough to remember when gas smelled good?? man what ever they use in it now is brutal.

Part numbers of all the stuff ?????

Yeah i here you on the left turns man the three cities around me all have mega amount of traffic roundabouts,, although they do move traffic at a impressive rate,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,  der fumes are insane inside vehicle at times :sick:

Are you old enough to remember when gas smelled good?? man what ever they use in it now is brutal.

Part numbers of all the stuff ?????

X2!

Yes, yes...part numbers and oics coming......

.....boss gave me something to do.....what.......does he think I'm at work or somethin'??

Couple more things first.....

I did not pay attention to the trunk hinge.....it hit the breather tube that sticks out from the neck...I couldn't put the hose on that goes to the tank...

...when you guys do yours....watch for that....

I had to cut off 1/2" of tube and just cap it off and cap off at the tank...

You can cut it off and weld the hole if you have skills like that......I don't have the equipment or the skills :lol:

IMG_4196_zps523155f1.jpg

IMG_4198_zpsa2b8bc81.jpg

When I unscrewed the cap after driving I noticed gas would stay puddled at the top of the neck and a little would seep out..........

..............not cool with my top dollar paint job....

....the drain is not at the bottom because of how I mounted it....

Sharpened a punch and popped a pinhole....

IMG_4203_zpseb81fdfe.jpg

IMG_4204_zpsaccbabbe.jpg

• Like 1

Parts as promised.....

Filler Hose...

IMG_4160_zpsf2d38344.jpg

Hose Adapter........I'm not convinced this will hold up to gas.....I don't always trust the parts guys (no offense to anyone here if you are parts guys).....

.........I'm going to keep an eye on this to see if it deteriorates.

IMG_4161_zpsde853bb0.jpg

Filler Neck.....

IMG_4213_zps6a3e7bda.jpg

Fuel Cap......

IMG_4208_zpsed3065fd.jpg

Diameter of the screws including thread.......about 4mm.....I found mine laying in our bolt pile.

IMG_4214_zps343a36f3.jpg

The rest is just:

- 7/16" I.D. vacuum hose

- 2.....2 1/2" hose clamps

- 2 vacuum hose connectors (pictured on the previous page)

- 2....5/8" I.D. caps and clamps

- The aluminum I used was 3.2mm thick.....it wasn't perfectly flush.....I think 3.7-4mm should work great.

Everything except for the screws and scrap metal is from your local Crapa Auto Parts........

NO fabrication is done to the body in any way.........if I find better parts for this....I will post'em.

.....but for now...I'm just happy I'm not gonna be high off gas fumes when I drive......

..........I'll just be high :rofl:

• Like 6

Now I didn't like how it looked when I open it so I had to give it a quick spray......probably should've done this BEFORE I put it together......dumbass.

IMG_4205_zpsccdc00a3.jpg

IMG_4206_zps3c31ceb1.jpg

Primed...

IMG_4207_zps15c4b32c.jpg

...and painted....I used a ceramic based engine enamel because I think it'll hold up to gas a little better.

.......it was supposed to be black............looks like vintage brown..........I kinda like it.

IMG_4209_zps42acb015.jpg

IMG_4211_zps5ffe8ea9.jpg

IMG_4212_zps63848abb.jpg

all the little things.... 

over all great mod to a known issue with a good description and pics!!! 

Thanks!!

I couldn't take it after going through Grants Pass to Canby..........oooooooooooooowweeeeeeee!!!

Yes.......me poor too....that's why I did it this way.

Last I check the filler necks were $190-$400......

.............if you can find one.

I used the metal filler neck from a 620 pickup (maybe $4 at Pull n Save) for my 510, and some of that pricey NAPA hose. Guys have said they use radiator hose and it holds up to the gas since it isn't immersed, but with the 510 tank inside the car, I want a tough hose for safety reasons.  I think I used a short section of the original hose on the metal neck, then slipped the new hose over the top of that. Not ideal, but it worked. The flange on the filler neck isn't at quite the right angle to bolt up flat. I'm thinking of making a thin wedge shaped adapter on the mill to slip in the space. The Dime Quarterly metal filler neck article showed cutting off the flange and rewelding at the correct angle. I might do it that way. I thought the vent tube on the metal neck had to be hooked to the vent tube on the tank or it would be hard to get gas to flow into the tank. It is interesting to know I was wrong about that. Makes me wonder how many other things I'm wrong about. Probably a bunch!

Len

If I had plugged off the tank completely I would have trouble filling it, but I left the small vent hose hooked up so this wouldn't happen and the tank won't build up pressure when it get hot and force gas into your carbs......although...I don't think that can happen??......whatever....it just needs to be vented somehow.

Going back to the cost......

List pricing:

Filler neck.......$75

Hose...............$58.80

Gas cap..........$8.78

Hose Adapter..$13.60

Screws...........Few bucks

Spacer(piece of scap metal)...free-few bucks

That's $156.18 plus $20 or so for scews and metal if you can't scrounge something up........and that's LIST pricing...

.....my cost was only $89.19.......I get the discount my shop gets....my boss doesn't mark up my parts......

Anyways.....this should be able to be done for about $120......just an edjumacated guestimation.

.......what kinda hoes you buyin', Naner??......that could get pricey!! :rofl:

$156? Might as well get and stock one. If you can find. Lol.

That's List buddy....

.......nobody on this forum is paying list prices unless they're having it done at a shop.

.....yes....if you can find one.......I think Rod's Datsun parts has 1 left, the full length version............he said $400.

Got a little bit done yesterday.....

Finished polishing up the lower grill piece and painted the brackets..........damn rivets aren't coming till tomorrow.

IMG_4218_zpsf0e82676.jpg

IMG_4219_zpscfb2b238.jpg