Olivia - 69 2 door 510 sedan - fully built CA18DET

• Replies 982
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No i just need to put the hood on, fenders, dash, tuck some wiring and vacuum the floor... theres bits of electrical tape, connecters and all kinds of shit inside.

Friend's birthday tonight, so i wont be able to start until late (as usual) but who cares!

Running car is running. :)

HA HA HA!!!! Silky_Johnson you're dead on with that one. The first thing she said was "So I get my boyfriend back?" She's pretty excited to ride in it too... she's never been in a turbo car or 510 so she doesn't know the joy of either... or the epic shit storm when you combine them :D!!!!!!!

I've had a permanent smile on my face since last night... i couldn't sleep because i wanted to stay up and do the idle tuning, etc... LOL

• Like 1

Awww man. So I put on my hood, oil change and I'm trying to do my fenders but the driver's side looks like it didn't fill the mold all the way. It's too short. I'm extremely disappointed :(

I can't run one fender and I sold the stock ones because I got these fiberglass ones from futofab.

Idk what to say....

Has anyone else run futofab? Ill post some pictures so you can see what I mean. There's very little meat near the holes were talking 1/8" of single layer of fiberglass. I feel like they'll fly off the first time I go over 50

:(

I fell behind on this thread and been reading and thinking this shit is way over my head

and then I read ITS OUT OF GAS I was excited for you and thinking wow all that work you been doing to figure out your out of gas

SOMETIMES IT IS THE MOST SIMPLE SHIT

glad you got it figured out

your girlfriends yay was genuine as they just dont get quite as exited about our cars as we do

ha ha ha, yeah man, she just wants it to be done so i'll spend more time with her. I'm not neglecting her or anything but this week i've worked on it every single night from the time i get home to the time i go to bed. She says she understands why (tuning today) but i think it's more that she is just tolerating it

;)

I LOVE BOOOOOOOOOOOOST!

Forgot to install the intake air temperature sensor so can't tune beyond where we're at currently. I have a raincheck to go finish after that gets installed. I need to weld a bung on the intake piping for the sensor. Anyway, that's preventing me from going over 1 bar... but even with 1 bar it's crazy, ridiculously stupid fast.

Here's a video from the dyno session. I have some more which i may put up later... I have an oil leak (again) and need to tighten the transmission mount bolts.... because they decided to come loose on the dyno. Crazy considering they were torqued down pretty hard. Anyway, thats my list. Enjoy!

6krpm and 15psi of boost

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TL8jyPqg1uM

I'll take a vide of in the car tomorrow as I need to head down to my dad's to borrow his pressure washer. I'm going to spend most of the day cleaning and tightening things up.

I'm thinking a full 3rd gear pull on the freeway is in order... who's with me!?