My hello, and a question

If you feel that youre really getting jipped after talking with us then renegotiate. Tell him the truth... Be like, "Look, I did some research and talking with some friends who are familiar with Datsuns. With the condition its in and the parts that are on it I only feel comfortable offering [insert value here]" I say something like $1200-$1500 is fair. If he doesnt like it, then deal a bit if you feel youre getting you moneys worth. He may say no thanks. Then just politely tell him that if it hasnt sold give you a call because youll be interested. Just dont give him whatever he wants because you really like the truck. Ive been there and its doesnt end well.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you feel that youre really getting jipped after talking with us then renegotiate. Tell him the truth... Be like, "Look, I did some research and talking with some friends who are familiar with Datsuns. With the condition its in and the parts that are on it I only feel comfortable offering [insert value here]" I say something like $1200-$1500 is fair. If he doesnt like it, then deal a bit if you feel youre getting you moneys worth. He may say no thanks. Then just politely tell him that if it hasnt sold give you a call because youll be interested. Just dont give him whatever he wants because you really like the truck. Ive been there and its doesnt end well.

Hey thanks a lot guys, I know the price is off but I'll take your advise and see if I can get some wiggle room. Either way ill have it and be happy to be in this community. I have lots to learn and am very excited to do so. As for a "build" thread it wont be much for a while. This is my, soon to be, new DD as I fix up and finished my Integra GS-R. You'll get lots of pictures and mostly asthetic stuff.

It`s a pretty cool looking truck maybe priced a bit high...but if you think lowballing the owner more than $1000. will get you the truck in your driveway, you guys should get i skype account so you could see me laughing in your faces...

Anyways here`s a couple more pictures of it ,,not big shots but it`s all i got

http://community.rat...on/page__st__40

wow...that price is... wow...honestly if ur heart is set im glad someone who is willing to pay that much is getting it. but honestly that kind of price is ludicrous. and the end of the day a car is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it. I have seen clean 620's with original good condition paint and a solid runner well under the price for that yellow one. but let us know how it goes. they are great trucks. I love mine.

It`s a pretty cool looking truck maybe priced a bit high...but if you think lowballing the owner more than $1000. will get you the truck in your driveway, you guys should get i skype account so you could see me laughing in your faces...

Anyways here`s a couple more pictures of it ,,not big shots but it`s all i got

http://community.rat...on/page__st__40

Thanks for the pictures!! I am not a lowballer, I want to make friends here not enemies.

Thanks for the pictures!! I am not a lowballer, I want to make friends here not enemies.

Oh i don`t think you would make enemies ,, i personally take a lowball offer as a challenge.... but if you go to low they wont bother letting give them another. The truck may be a bit high like i said BUT it`s already lowered it drives ( unlike a lot of cars bought and sold for less ) and every single thing you do to a truck costs something ...And you start adding that shit up and you will find that super cheeeep truck ends up costing more ..

And for the record .....I have no idea about truck and im not real sure who owns it , in case you think im sellers friend trying to talk you into buying..

• Like 1

Turned my 92 d21 hardbody into a drift truck in 00, ya know when drift was still underground in the us have to scan photos sorry no oics fun as hell though. Dose this mean I'm old? Lol

not old, you sound more like some kind of drifter hipster. telling us how cool you are because you were into it before it was trendy :P

Don't sweat the price too much my man. Great if you can talk him down a little bit, but once it is in the driveway and you are enjoying it as a DD right out of the box, you will forget the pain of purchase and have a datto in your palm, under your butt and foot.

On the east coast someone would want that price for sure. But we call that the East Coast premium, which is about a grand over what the westies pay. So it isn't like no one ever pays that much. It has a great look. Nice stance. Patina. It is a cool freakin truck.

Understand, here at Ratsun we are some cheap bastards! We will find the lowest price on something for sure. There are tails of $200-$400 510s that make me cry!

If YOU like it, and YOU think it's worth the money, then you should buy it. Even at $2500, it's only $2500, and not like you're buying a Ferrari for $345,000.

The welded diff WILL HAVE to be changed if you want to drive it on the street. Not only will be it annoying and irritating, but your ability to turn is vastly reduced. The truck will constantly want to go straight, regardless of steering input. So factor that into your equation. Not sure what an H190 diff/axle goes for these days, but it could easily be a few hundred bucks, plus all your time and effort to get the work done.

My 2 cents...

It's a pretty straight looking runner.

Diff's are about $30 at pick n pull. A welded diff isn't too bad to drive, might even be fun for a while until you get tired of replacing tires.

The price... I hate selling shit on craigslist these days and unless I want something gone yesterday, it's getting priced high to weed out the flakes. I've also been watching 620 prices go up a bit over the last few years, possibly due to ratsun.net, but maybe more due to the nostalgia factor, who knows. Seems like most older cars are up in value in the last 5 years or so.

In the end it's your $ and his truck, I'm sure you'll both end up happy somewhere in the middle of the listed price and the lower prices mentioned here. :)

Looks like a very clean base to start with to me...

The last 620 I sold went for over 10K. I had a little over 4K in the motor, but other than that it was just simple little stuff like disc brakes and upgraded suspension. The body was in its original faded red paint with dings and scratches all over, but NO RUST. I didn't even advertise it for sale and had no plans to sell it either. I drove it back and forth to work and it was my parts running truck at the shop. I had several $5K-$7K offers and turned them down, but the last guy sweet talked me out of it with dollar signs...:D

0113101835-00.jpg

0112101832-00.jpg

0112101425-00.jpg

0112101833-00.jpg

0113101834-00.jpg

I personally think $2500 isn't too far off, but I'm a bit of a nut...

Good Luck!

Richard

2eDeYe' date='28 February 2012 - 07:23 AM' timestamp='1330442596' post='644569']

The price... I hate selling shit on craigslist these days and unless I want something gone yesterday, it's getting priced high to weed out the flakes. I've also been watching 620 prices go up a bit over the last few years, possibly due to ratsun.net, but maybe more due to the nostalgia factor, who knows. Seems like most older cars are up in value in the last 5 years or so.

There's these things called scrapyards steadily raising the value of classic automobiles wink.gif

I have shit all for options in Canada, and its pretty close to me.

Definitely not too many 620s around here...but.....there is one in Penticton

Looks pretty clean

http://kelowna.en.craigslist.ca/cto/2853699648.html

I looked at this 620 near Kamloops last year...was around 1000 bucks...not sure if the guy sold it

P1010029-1.jpg

ohmrchristopher ... are you in Vancover Wa or Canada ??

If your looking to spend that much maybe you should think about getting a later 620 with disc brakes and 5speed ..Didn`t DatDoug pull one out of a field a few weeks ago ?? Maybe see if he`s willing to work the bugs outta that and flip that for his profit.......win---win

i am not sure what happened to my font but it sure is thick and dark,,blink.giflaugh.gif

There's these things called scrapyards steadily raising the value of classic automobiles wink.gif

You could also say the cash for clunkers affected the pricing as well in the same way.

That really only affects the pricing on crappy cars at the lower end of the purchase price up to around say $500 cars. Classic cars have been scrapped since cars became classics, so it doesn't really account for the increase in the price of just 620s. .

I'm talking about the cool tax in the price. ;)

It's really probably a bunch of factors together.

Personal preference, I think, has the most affect on price. I know I will pay a premium to get what I want, the way I want it. ...like that one guy that would only spend $3000 on a 710 goon. :lol:

I've never seen a 4-5000$ datsun 620 show truck. But I can tell you that the yellow rat you want to get is not a 2000$ truck.

The only datsun I would pay 3k$~ for is a pristine 710 Wagon.

:)

Haha, forgot the JDM and Drift Taxes as well.

2eDeYe' date='28 February 2012 - 02:19 PM' timestamp='1330467556' post='644763']

Personal preference, I think, has the most affect on price. I know I will pay a premium to get what I want, the way I want it. ...like that one guy that would only spend $3000 on a 710 goon. :lol:

It's gotta be a really nice one too biggrin.gif

710 goon Is the only datto I would want in original condition. Everything else can be a Frankencar

Ha you guys are something else.

I am in Vancouver CANADA

that 1972 is well a '72 and that means its a 521? I dont like that body style, and its $4000

I know I am paying more then I should, the Cool tax is deff affecting the price here, but like I keep saying I want a truck I can just get in a drive without (too much) worries. Hell I can probably flip it and sell it to some friends and at least break even.

Still trying to track down this Greg/Taco guy...

that 1972 is well a '72 and that means its a 521? I dont like that body style, and its $4000

It's a 620...maybe the price reflects the condition...who knows.

You are wary of the costs, paperwork...value of the American dollar to Canadian dollar etc...when importing a vehicle?