Factory 4x4 521

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I do not think it is a factory 521. I believe the only 4 wheel drive Nissan made in that time era was the Patrol.

Plus the five speed issue. Even 240Z cars had a four speed. I think the 240 Z, being the "ytop of the line" car would get a five speed before anything else.

Yeah, not factory, but quite possibly a well done aftermarket or dealer 4x4. Still hella cool. Word of warning with what may be old Jeep axles, parts are not that easy to find. Even something as simple as seals are a bitch on old Jeep axles. I'm sure you might be able to get them, but not likely at your local parts store.

I couldn`t find it ,,but i think there`s a thread about that truck on this site..Somebody was thinking of buying it and was trying to figure out what running gear it had..In the thread it was almost completely covered with boxes and crap and jammed into a tiny garage. Redeye knew what the running gear was,,, Dana something or another ..

if he even mentioned dana, then its jeep stuff. depending on what series it is the axle parts are not generally hard to find. most 4x4 parts places have them or can order them. and they are very tough. a lot of toyota rock crawlers with SAS (solid axle swap) up front use dana's.

Almost all the early conversions I have seen used a Dana 30 front axle, basically the same as the jeeps of that era, with custom hubs to run the Datsun drum brakes. They also used the Dana 20 transfer case, this too was basically the same as the Jeep t-cases of that era. Most were well done for the time period.