Sideways

monk

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Professional vs kid from Mcminnville.........not really much of a contest.....

He's not really a pro, he just built his car as he went on, he drifted for nothing and pretty much still does, i don't think hes ever been paid, and if he has it wasn't much, he was just lucky enough to be seen by some sponsors at competitions while he was kicking 240 and beemer kid's asses. Hes a really cool guy, and that t bird is the cleanest drift slut around, I don't think he's ever even scraped it, even going all out, and by far it's the nicest looking t bird i've seen from this era.

I say this because i'm close friends with this guy:

Does the dramatic music follow him where ever he goes??

lol.gif Duh duh dunt da dunt ...Duh dah dunt da dunt..lol.gif

someone should re-edit that music onto a little kid on a tricycle..

lol.gif Duh duh dunt da dunt ...Duh dah dunt da dunt..lol.gif

150 seconds long

first 115 seconds are shots of sponsor logos, rims & tires, dash.

Last 20 seconds closing credits.

15 seconds of driving

Lot of feathers and not much chicken.

Look at the other videos I posted.. that one is mostly about seeing his car, the others are solid footage of drifting..

150 seconds long

first 115 seconds are shots of sponsor logos, rims & tires, dash.

Last 20 seconds closing credits.

15 seconds of driving

Lot of feathers and not much chicken.

Haha, you're not madder than a wet hen, are you Mike? (Lets see how many fowl puns we can come up with!) :P

He's not really a pro, he just built his car as he went on, he drifted for nothing and pretty much still does, i don't think hes ever been paid, and if he has it wasn't much, he was just lucky enough to be seen by some sponsors at competitions while he was kicking 240 and beemer kid's asses.

maybe im mistakin but last i checked sponsorship was when a company pays you to use your car as a billboard which means if he has sponsors hes getting paid

I had an STP sticker on my Dart back in the day, didn't mean shit. You could plaster your 610 with logos (shudder) for a drifter look.

Haha, you're not madder than a wet hen, are you Mike? (Lets see how many fowl puns we can come up with!) :P

I read the replies and posts and sometimes I'll watch the vids on drifting but seems like figure skating to me. Not really a sport if it's judged by style and the amount of smoke you can make is it? It isn't driving, which requires speed and control of a vehicle but more of piloting a deliberately induced out of control vehicle. ...and I shouldn't even comment on what others find as the greatest thing since sliced bread. Run along now and have fun, I'll just sit here in my rocking chair.....

I had an STP sticker on my Dart back in the day, didn't mean shit. You could plaster your 610 with logos (shudder) for a drifter look.

I read the replies and posts and sometimes I'll watch the vids on drifting but seems like figure skating to me. Not really a sport if it's judged by style and the amount of smoke you can make is it? It isn't driving, which requires speed and control of a vehicle but more of piloting a deliberately induced out of control vehicle. ...and I shouldn't even comment on what others find as the greatest thing since sliced bread. Run along now and have fun, I'll just sit here in my rocking chair.....

YOU have a rocking chair too?! ;) I always tell the drifters: "Why don't you just go race rally?" They usually look at me funny. But the first video was someone having fun with their 510, which I applaud!

• Like 1

My main problem with the first video is that he never initiates a slide until he's halfway into the turn. Means he's relying too much on clutch kicking and torque, instead of momentum. I'd be more impressed if he used feint/ebrake to get sideways right before the turn started, and used the throttle to maintain the drift during the entire curve.

I got it now.... fun in the snow/rain is drifting, but with snow and rain.

Back in '75 I had an old '68 dime. I was out having fun with a friend one foggy spring night and ended up in Sunderland ripping around. Ended up at the fairgrounds and what the hell, drove onto the oval track where they show horses, tractor pulls and w/e. Well it was covered in wet snow and fog so I gave 'er around the track past the grandstand sideways and all around the track. L16 singing a third gear song on a loose muffler. Good times