my new free Z!

I figured I would post it here since it technically isn't a datsun. I got this gen for free froma guy whom I hadnt talked to in quite sometime, then messages me randomly to offer this Z to me for free!! Im still kinda shocked about the whole deal but when I drove it around today, I new it was real. lol!

120_0338.jpg

120_0337.jpg

120_0336.jpg

120_0335.jpg

120_0334.jpg

120_0331.jpg

120_0332.jpg

120_0333.jpg

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He just couldn't see himself owning/driving the car after he just bought an 07 WRX and experiencing what fun those are. Personally, I was just blown away over the whole thing. Its kind of wore off now but I still feel kinda guilty or almost like I took advantage of the guy. He even went the extra mile on giving me a really sweet looking bill of sale and every record on the car since it was purchased. He knows what a Z31 freak I am and is really hoping I take good care of it and keep its history extending. I refuse to park this thing on the street so my DD gets stuck out there, lol.

1987 GLL turbo 300zx

t3 turbo not the lame t25 model

autotragic/w 5 speed in the works

clean title

I figured I would post it here since it technically isn't a datsun. I got this gen for free froma guy whom I hadnt talked to in quite sometime, then messages me randomly to offer this Z to me for free!! Im still kinda shocked about the whole deal but when I drove it around today, I new it was real. lol!

Nice, I have always liked the Z31's since way back when I owned one.

Definitely the best bang for the buck Z cars now a days.

I want a Shiro!

I want a SHIRO BAD! Unfortunately I have a really bad superstition about white cars and everyone thinks I am crazy. One day I might own one again but for now white cars are the devil. DAMN WHITE DEVILS, LOL!

Nice Score!! Whoever that guy is, He is a better friend than you first thought. Keep his number. He'll want rid of that WRX 1 day.:D

It looks like an 88, does it have a LSD??

I think the turbo's are the only cars that came with the LSD??

Its a 1/87 car, they didnt get them until 4/87. Ironically the last 87 I owned was this vehicles polar opposite condition wise but the exact same build date!

Nice Score!! Whoever that guy is, He is a better friend than you first thought. Keep his number. He'll want rid of that WRX 1 day.:D

I think the turbo's are the only cars that came with the LSD??

LOL! Yeah the guy is a way cool dude(obviously) he didnt even want the rebuilt auto(30k) after I am done swapping for the 5 speed. The car isnt perfect so I have some busy months ahead after the s30 is running to get this thing up to snuff. Thanks for all the wonderful commets guys, I really do feel lucky to have such a awesome local car comunity! peace.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Haven't really been on here much as I have lost all motivation on my s30. Its slowly being rekindled but I have a whole new engine plan for it(v8).

Anyway, this z31 has soaked up ALOT of my time this year just trying to keep it running. lol! This is what happens when you store a car and never drive it, leaks, rattles, and crap failing.

This is the most recent work that I have done to it

Picture089.jpg

Picture091.jpg

Picture092.jpg

some custom intake flanges I made but a new version is in the works along with the custom ITB setup. Wont make it to canby but next year for sure!

Picture095.jpg

Picture096.jpg

holset fitment issues

Picture099.jpg

Picture100.jpg

oil feed adapter I made

Picture102.jpg

Picture103.jpg

holset mounted

picture104.jpg

Picture108-1.jpg

Picture112.jpg

downpipe hits :(

Picture113-1.jpg

Picture114-1.jpg

Picture116-2.jpg

Picture118-2.jpg

Picture119-2.jpg

Picture120-2.jpg

some trimming

Picture121-2.jpg

Picture122-2.jpg

fixed! brazed in a filler piece and have a 1/4" of clearance between it and the shaft.

Picture129-1.jpg

Picture127-1.jpg

solid engine mounts keep it from moving around

Picture126-1.jpg

gutted intake plenum

Picture130-1.jpg

this air filter was fun to find, 2.5" tall and 5.25" in diameter

Picture132-1.jpg

Picture133-1.jpg

So, it ran for about a week with this setup and then this happened. :(

th_Picture.jpg

I am building the new engine right now. Should be done before canby but some business ventures might get in the way. well see ya there either way. peace.

Damn your going to work on that thing, looking really nice.

You bought those intake flanges or made them? They are pretty sweet.

Damn your going to work on that thing, looking really nice.

You bought those intake flanges or made them? They are pretty sweet.

I made them. Currently they're going on the worlds fastest 5 speed z31 as he couldn't wait for the new version to come out. lol.

Lynch, it happened about two weeks ago. Boost comes on a lil later and I tried dragging out first and second a lil too much. oh well! I have a newer 75k bottom end going in. peace.