mrbigtankers 521

mrbigtanker

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm just wondering do you need to do anything to your rear end 'drive line, differential' when you put in your FJ and could you explain a little more about your 280z transmission? I'd like a new transmission for my 521 but you know.... moneys. But there's a ton of Z's around and it just so happens I most likely getting another job. And there's always Datsun moneys when you need it. It feels as if once I put in my L18 my transmission will of course go out...

I'm just wondering do you need to do anything to your rear end 'drive line, differential' when you put in your FJ and could you explain a little more about your 280z transmission? I'd like a new transmission for my 521 but you know.... moneys. But there's a ton of Z's around and it just so happens I most likely getting another job. And there's always Datsun moneys when you need it. It feels as if once I put in my L18 my transmission will of course go out...

my tranny is a 83 280 z one.Other guys run a dogleg in there cars,You will be fine with a 4 speed to,you wont have any problems there.

Yeah man I know 4 speeds are solid! But mine feels rough though the gears, leaks from the tail, doesnt feel as strong as my other I had in the truck 'got stuck in 4th' so I grabbed the one I have from my parts truck that had been sitting for 20+ years.. but then again my L16 is out of the same truck and it hasn't done me wrong once and is what started my love of datsuns. Lol.

So maybe my trans is fine just need the seal for it.

my tranny is a 83 280 z one.Other guys run a dogleg in there cars,You will be fine with a 4 speed to,you wont have any problems there.

My Tranny is from Hamburger Mary's hahahaha!!!!

Kevin: are you replacing the oil that is coming out of the seal? If your not, that's likely the source of your problem.

Replacing as in putting oil back in my transmission. Yeah I was,not now its just leaking on my floor. But I was having to put more oil in to it. When It was in my truck I'd maybe put oil in it every 3 days. I get down there put my finger in that bitch and no touchy oil... then I'd put some oil in tell the oil hit my finger.

That gets a little old..

Randam tid-bit. When my first tranny got stuck in fourth I pulled it right well the rear transmission mount was missing the top two bolts on the top... I had know idea!!

I got Master chief also with what the old owner call a bad manifold gasket.... he didn't put the four button bolts of the carb/ manifold on.... horrible! I can't believe I drove for maybe a month with out the tranny bolts on the top mount...

Replacing as in putting oil back in my transmission. Yeah I was,not now its just leaking on my floor. But I was having to put more oil in to it. When It was in my truck I'd maybe put oil in it every 3 days. I get down there put my finger in that bitch and no touchy oil... then I'd put some oil in tell the oil hit my finger.

That gets a little old..

Randam tid-bit. When my first tranny got stuck in fourth I pulled it right well the rear transmission mount was missing the top two bolts on the top... I had know idea!!

I got Master chief also with what the old owner call a bad manifold gasket.... he didn't put the four button bolts of the carb/ manifold on.... horrible! I can't believe I drove for maybe a month with out the tranny bolts on the top mount...

your not the first and you wont be the last.

photo_zps439027da.jpg

So i want you all to say high to my new truck.I worked a deal out with Mr Ruckycharms for the KA powered truck.It is a very nice truck and he took really good care of it,there is some small issues that i will work out with her.I thought why have one when you can have two of them.I am giving his wheels back as part of our little deal and i think i might do the chevy rally wheels and just tidy her up a little more and enjoy the truck.Bad picture but first shot of it at my house now.I am so happy.litter bugger moves pretty good to.

ALso in case your wondering Fj20 moving slow,i think i said already but ordered the Kameari mani and plug wires from Japan.So i am going ITB's or mikuni's.Of course carbs would be cheaper being i got a stout fuel system already but i change my mind like a bitch sometimes,i think either way is going to be fuckin awesome,And i hope it drops in pretty easy.I was looking at the KA swap in my new truck and there is some room under there.Stay tuned.