Minty Fresh 510

Tristin

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Heat gun ain't gonna do shit, this is metal you're heating for the purpose of expansion, make that shit glow!

Its the best I got unless you have a torch and want to help install this on Sunday when I come down. 

Did you see my other post?

• Yeah the Offy and Weber are from a member who lives down the street from me.
  • Adapter is currently spoken for. If he decides to pass then youre first in line. 
  • Ball joints are MOOG Part # K9011
  • Like 1

For about 100$ a few places you can find a new, FB Rx7 oil cooler. Both hides come out the drivers side. And if memory serves it's about an inch and a half thick. Not sure if it helps at all, But just an idea.

I previously owned an RX7 cooler. Maybe it varies by year, but the one I had was quite large. Theres no way I could have gotten it behind the grille without some work. Then it would have covered up radiator quite a bit. 

After talking it over with Mike, it looks like the stock cooler is quite a POS. Anything of decent quality should be better so I may just pick up a 12in x 12in or something from B&M. I dont know yet... I think as long as its made by a reputable company it should exceed the way the OEM piece works. 

I wanted to get a trans fluid change so I may go into the local trans shop and see what they have for coolers. Then I can get a 1st hand account for size and what will fit behind the grille while being big enough to cool nicely. 

Thanks for the above info.

I would think this would be plenty for your car:

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/bmm-70255

5 3/4 in. x 11 in. x 3/4 in

BMM-70255_HH.jpg

or

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/flx-4110

5 in. x 12 in. x 3/4 in

flx-4110.jpg

I mean surely one of those, in front of the radiator will cool much better than the stock cooler inside the radiator...

• Like 1

Ha yeah. Figured I might as well pull the trigger and get it over with... Ill probably need more hose than what comes with it (unless that picture was just for reference), but it should work out well. I just want to get all this shit going... and for the price it seems like itll do well.

Im ready to get installing and get everything reliable for the Winter. 

I'm ok with running longer hose to the cooler at first ,,,BUT!,, you should get yourself a tubing bender if you dont already have one and bend some wicked curves man to make rubber hose as short as possible,, it`s the details that separate.. paint those tubes some body color for an even cleaner look.

just my opinion.

I'm ok with running longer hose to the cooler ,,,BUT!,, you should get yourself a tubing bender if you dont already have one and bend some wicked curves man to make rubber hose as short as possible,, it`s the details that separate..

Im going to try and use the stock setup if I can. That should eliminate the need for extra parts buying and it is already routed up near the area Im putting the cooler. If I can just buy some fitting to attach the stock lines to the new lines, that would be splendid. Ill know more once it shows up. 

Im getting a little peeved with some of these companies Ive been buying from that arent issuing shipped emails or even order confirmation emails.