Minty Fresh 510

Tristin

Could be one of those made in the same factory kind of deals

I thought that could be a possibility, but the reviews are darastically different and the pictures of the joint centers are different as well. Only thing I saw they had in common was the red rubber seals. Hopefully, I wont have these longer than a year and upgrade to CVs before these decide to grenade on me 

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't say rapheals car did fine.... the difference is he literally didn't give a fuck... I was messing with my bags on the freeway, aired out and it got a bad vibration from the back, aired back up and it went away. so my money would be on worn out half shafts as well.

true words. lol

What`s with all the negative waves man.  New is always better , even at the harsh angle they will last for years..

Think happy thoughts and you will be surrounded by happy thoughts.

Well except for Jrock ,,, i got nothing for you ,,,,head back to camp.

Today was full of so much work... and I have another day of it tomorrow. Here is what took place:

I started to disassemble the dash to prepare for picking up the refinished one tomorrow after noon:

8659673402_6e25ca016a_c.jpg

Convenient nut and bolt holder:

8658569159_fb7bbb4ac4_c.jpg

This is how dirty it is inside the dash:

8658569337_8c929e7294_c.jpg

8659675098_b37c93a400_c.jpg

Random wires that go to nothing and wrapped around other things:

8659673958_7c0676fe30_c.jpg

8659675304_2324167cfa_c.jpg

8658569721_416b7ed19e_c.jpg

8658570089_6b7380f6d6_c.jpg

Old radio harness can come out:

8658569907_0ed6986d45_c.jpg

Dash finally out. Took me 2hrs...

8658570279_0817ea4202_c.jpg

Removed all the heater plastic and will be cleaning that as well. I wish I had time to refinish the heater assembly, but there just isnt time right now. Eventually I get it out, swap in a newer fan and clean the core. Until then, clean plastic will suffice:

8659675430_cbfc2812f1_c.jpg

Removed the front seats in preparation for the new carpet I bought:

8658592115_33b1cc02db_c.jpg

Even with the inch or more of standing water over the Winter due to a leaking firewall, no rust. I was going to seam seal the whole floor and use some sound deadener, but I dont really think the sealer would do much good. Im just going to pick up some sound deadener tomorrow and lay it down before the carpet:

8658592489_a8a703707c_c.jpg

New carpet next to old carpet (obviously not the same color, but IRL the new isnt as bright as that):

8658592295_35eebdf026_c.jpg

• Like 2

Phew... tomorrow Im going to get up early and clean out the inside and get it ready for installation of all new parts. I still need to pick up a few items (sound deadener and padding) to complete the job. Then I have to head on down to Olympia and snag the refinished dash parts from JRocks shop which should give me a few more hours to get them in before the sun goes down. I dont have a lighted area to work in the dark :(

I also found out that the last key dash items Ive been on the hunt for have been secured and will be shipping this weekend. Stay tuned once though show up ;)

Whats everyone using for vinyl cleaner? Id like to clean my door cards as well as dirty front seat... what wont bleach the shit out of the old vinyl?

Im also hoping to get my mirrors installed this week, but who knows if that will happen. 

Wow your floor boards are clean. That new carpet will really make it pop.

Yeah there is a minor bit of surface rust on the rear passenger side, but I can scrape it off with my nail. I was worried about their condition after the flooding fiasco. But they look great!

More pictures tomorrow as I do more work.

Wires that go to nothing, yeah some of those are probly stock.

It looks like they were for the radio and some aftermarket speakers that the PO installed but did not include when I purchased it. Its a smaller, cheaper wire. That blue one Im unsure of though. Its about the size as stock wiring. Everything working in the car though, so I dont know what the extra wire would be for. Weird. 

Here is one last photo. Here is Connie (my girlfriend) helping bring in some car parts for the night:

528405_10151378114962479_1782115382_n.jp

Miguires has spray for vynil that several members endorse, micro posted it in my 4 door thread and I got some.and love it... but cant remember exactky what it is lolol,

On a side note, fergot what page I read last, did.you find your vibration and shake?

Miguires has spray for vynil that several members endorse, micro posted it in my 4 door thread and I got some.and love it... but cant remember exactky what it is lolol,

I was going to start there. I know they normally make some good stuff. Thanks for the recommendation. Ill snag some while Im out tomorrow.

On a side note, fergot what page I read last, did.you find your vibration and shake?

Yes. It was my u-joints. Fixed one, but the other has a bad flange so the new u-joint didnt fix the problem. Ive got another complete half-shaft I will be swapping in which hopefully will fix all vibrations. 

Sweet.

It should have said "complete half-shaft" not "new u-joint" since its the flange thats fucked and not the u-joint. Fixed above post. Im really hoping it makes fixes all... 

looks nice. i like the carpet choice.

what you're running 3 point seat belts right?

Where'd you pick your up from? 

Its the way the car came. Its a '69 3pt. non-retractable seatbelt. 

Oops I was mistaken, I got mothers, and I like it. I did hear miguires is good also.

Mothers it is! Thanks again. Ill pick up both bottles... will be nice to use on the dash as well for the front fascia pieces. 

Its deffenatly not a cleaner, I washed it all first. Made my seats feal softer than any ive ever felt. Almost like real leather and stuff.

Yeah I plan to use good ol' soap and water for the parts at first. That should get all the dirts and grime off. Then I thought about using a vinyl specific cleaner and finally that Protectant you posted.