Minty Fresh 510

Tristin

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok... well I finally got off my ass and decided to do some more work on this bish. 

I decided to refinish the SSS Coupe grille I have. Its been stripped of old paint, but I ran out of black so Ill have to finish it tomorrow. Ive also pulled out all the smaller items that I need to install and set them aside. I have another package of parts on the way, so once those show up Ill start installing everything at the same time. Then one big photo dump of progress. 

Well, now that Im going to school full-time Ive lost access to the space and tools I was using. I need to find a way to install my new sunroof and fender mirrors. 

Info on new sun roof? What was wrong with the old one?

The seal one the currently installed one is shot so its a bit leaky. I picked up a new one with fresh seals, but its a little bit bigger than the old one so Ill need to cut the roof a bit more to get it to fit. Here is a picture of the new sunroof:

8219285349_2efd718f0b_z.jpg

When I was looking for a seal on the old one, a couple places I went to said that parts might be able to be acquired for it... just no seals. Maybe if you went around to some local places that offer sunroofs you can find something. Whats your latch look like? If its the same as mine, I can give you one of the ones on my old one once I switch it out to the new piece. 

that is a pretty sweet sun roof, if you dont mid what did it come off of?

It's a universal model as far as I know... I got it from another member here that picked a few of these up at I think he said Goodwill. It's some early 90s model, but brandnew and never used. Seal is super soft still which is nice.

no lies ,  i got a dick with a snake head thats 12 inches long ...they call me the boa of bang...lol ......i want 720 wheeling wheeler....

tristin take your old out ...set new one on ...trace with sharp.......come down ...i got a sawzall with a 8 inch blade...we make holes ... no charge....

remind me to remove the head rests....dont ask why

jig saw with bi metal blade is best .....some like hole saw ...some say air saw.....i am big on being symetrical

Oh... I can take the 8 inches. Wait, what?

Luckily the seal isnt bad and its made it through Winter. But eventually Ill need to get it done. 

So, Ive texted this picture a little bit to a few close friends and then I threw it up on Ratsuns FB, but I guess I can share it here now... Here is what Im currently working on. Im hoping to have it done rather quickly and installed. Hopefully I can get this going along with an engine build before Canby:

14089_10151289564762479_1890419437_n.jpg

• Like 1
Glad to see some progress! Damn I need to start logging on more often. What wheels did you/were you going to get?

Yeah, just a bit of progress; nothing crazy though. I have my eye on two very different sets of wheels right now, but nothing is certain. We will just have to wait and see what happens in that department.