Minty Fresh 510

Tristin

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh well that kinda sucks.

What are the plans? Still gonna run the slushbox?

Yes. I have a newer JATCO since the BW wont bolt up to the L16. If it wasnt column shift Id probably just 5spd swap it, but I really like the look of the column shift so Ill be keeping it for awhile. Maybe one day it will come out but not any time soon. 

Ive got a 32/36 waiting for a rebuild that I might throw on or just get my R1 carbs ready to go on. 

You got a garage?

Not anymore. Now that Im by the Warren Ave. Bridge Im garage-less. Ive done some driveline work in the parking lot, but I dont know if they would appreciate a full motor swap. 

Why not just drill some holes in yours? Only real difference...

Because I have a perfectly straight rear bumper. I dont want to cut into it incase theres an accident and cutting into a chromed bumper will just allow the chrome to flake around the cut. Id rather just get a decent 68 bumper thats already good to go.

Garnish permanently installed now. In the process of building brand new taillight harnesses and getting the stuff to finish up my headlight relay wiring.

Turned down a $6000 cash offer today. Only slightly tough to say no. Mintys not going anywhere... B)

Edit: At first I was offered the guys 2.5RS. I passed and then he offered cash. Neither were a good enough offer to take the Dime away from me. $6000 is probably more than its worth, but since I don't need to sell, invested sentimental value bumps up my value a good chunk.

• Like 6

Hold on to it, datsun 510's are going up in value it seems

True

Although that being said, if you're in it as an investment (which I know you aren't in particular Tristin) you're not enjoying them for what they are

• Like 1

Hold on to it, datsun 510's are going up in value it seems

Shes not going anywhere. Id probably give it up for $8000... which is high. I dont need nor want to sell, so it was easy to pass on the offer. Im hoping this car sticks around for awhile. Then over the years as I fix it up, I can pass it down. 

True

Although that being said, if you're in it as an investment (which I know you aren't in particular Tristin) you're not enjoying them for what they are

Yep, not in it for the money. If I was I think Im doing it wrong since I spend so much on it. I agree though, once youre in it for the money or the trophy... youve lost touch with whats important. 

• Like 1

Shes not going anywhere. Id probably give it up for $8000... which is high. I dont need nor want to sell, so it was easy to pass on the offer. Im hoping this car sticks around for awhile. Then over the years as I fix it up, I can pass it down. 

Yep, not in it for the money. If I was I think Im doing it wrong since I spend so much on it. I agree though, once youre in it for the money or the trophy... youve lost touch with whats important. 

When I get asked to sell my 4x4 I tell them sure $10,000 and it's yours. I figure I can build a better one for that much if they are serious. :lol: 

• Like 1

i was high balled for my snack shack a month or so ago ... it was a cherry offer but i couldn't bring myself to let go ... i was like all the shit i done i sitll want more money then that and its not worth it ....prolly more cuz i get iirritated by drifter kids coming to the shop and low balling me for it ......i ended up telling the high baller ..lets just find u a truck and i will help u build it to what u would like ...

• Like 1

I had my '65 Mustang Fastback for 11 years.  I felt the same way back then, but when I finally came around to selling it last year, I wish to hell I had sold it when people were paying good money for them.... I ended up taking a $10K hit on it.  I guess I can look at it like I had $1000 worth of fun every year I owned it.  I'm not ready to sell the Datsun, but if someone offered me what I have in it, I would definitely consider it.

I had my '65 Mustang Fastback for 11 years.  I felt the same way back then, but when I finally came around to selling it last year, I wish to hell I had sold it when people were paying good money for them.... I ended up taking a $10K hit on it.  I guess I can look at it like I had $1000 worth of fun every year I owned it.  I'm not ready to sell the Datsun, but if someone offered me what I have in it, I would definitely consider it.

Thanks again for the link on the connectors... Now I just have to figure out how to assemble them :)