Minty Fresh 510

Tristin

Digital caliper once you pull your's out ;)

.... or someone measure a spare half-shaft one for ya ... if you need to purchase first before teardown.

I have Precision 393's for my half-shafts ready to go on my night stand lol ( for the spare half-shafts)

This is what I was going to do. I just set my calipers out to make sure I take them with me in the morning. 

• Like 1
  • Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And I treat O'Riellys like I treat Autozone. I will buy oil, and cleaning supplies only from these 2 places.

Ive never had a single issue with Oreilys. In fact they have been the most pleasant and knowledgable employees out of all the local places. In fact today when I went in or u-joints the manager himself went way above and beyond to help me out with my u-joint purchase. Called a bunch of different stores, drew me maps to places, crazy friendly... 

YMMV. 

I only go to Oreileys too... all the other stores around here suck.  My local Oreileys store has an awesome manager who goes out of her way to help us.

I'm 90% positive 393s will work with 510 axles... I broke a u joint (defective......) a couple weeks ago and had to go through this whole fiasco lol

it seems like you're putting a little too much mustard on the u-joint search. From what i've used the same u-joint works on 240z's, 521's and 510's.

Both part numbers listed above are listed to work on 240s, 521s, and 510s... so that alone is not the deciding factor on which to use. 

Both part numbers listed above are listed to work on 240s, 521s, and 510s... so that alone is not the deciding factor on which to use. 

so what's the deciding factor?

so what's the deciding factor?

Size. 391 and 393 are different sizes. It looks like one is for the drive shaft and one is for the half-shafts. If you look up those parts all models use the same u-joints so just going by model doesnt mean anything. 

Says the guy who got rear wheel bearings from Autozone?  ...not judging or anything.  I gotta do the same thing in the near future.

Because they were the exact same brand, and 1/4 of the price of Napa, Rockauto, or Amazon (Yes I use amazon for car parts, usually can get them cheaper than rockauto due to shipping costs). Cant beat Timken quality!

But please note, unlike those mentioned, the autozone ones did not come with seals. Make sure to get those as well.

And I will not ever get their electrical components, like starters and alternators.

• Like 1

Because they were the exact same brand, and 1/4 of the price of Napa, Rockauto, or Amazon (Yes I use amazon for car parts, usually can get them cheaper than rockauto due to shipping costs). Cant beat Timken quality!

But please note, unlike those mentioned, the autozone ones did not come with seals. Make sure to get those as well.

And I will not ever get their electrical components, like starters and alternators.

Yeah I made the mistake of getting a starter and alternater from oreilys... theres a reason they have to offer a lifetime warranty.....

Yeah I made the mistake of getting a starter and alternater from oreilys... theres a reason they have to offer a lifetime warranty.....

I have an Auto zone alternator in my dime and that is the only thing I had trouble with on my jccs road trip last summer. I keep a spare one in my trunk now. ;)