Minty Fresh 510

Tristin

That engine bay pic is of such a high rez... or it.. Very sharp and pretty. Colours pop! Every time I go to put some time into the pixel car I just can't keep at it, but yours looks great! Inspiration.

Thanks, its just an iPhone photo.

Haha yeah, pixel cars can be quite time consuming. I love them so I spend quite a bit of time doing them... Im nowhere near as good as I would like to be or as good as some of the people I know who do it.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I've got some rattle can somewhere in the garage.

How easy is it to unbolt the fan while the engine is installed? I'd like to take the shroud off as well and clean it up.

Yeah, JRock did a fantastic job on the valve cover and air cleaner. He's hot more parts of mine coming his way too so even more of the bay will be nicer.

10mm ratchet wrench, easy!

Mate, engine bay looks very pretty!, but, FFS, tidy up the top of your radiator when you get a chance :)

Haha, I was going to +1 you for this, but I'm all out for today :lol:

Tristin, if you still need a rad when we do the swap on the 521 you can have the stock one out of it. It's the same one as the 510. We gave away the 510 one a few months ago, or I'd offer that up to you.

fo sho, I only used it to clean the motor

Next oil change will be Nissan filter

I bought 20 of those few years back thinking Nissan may ran out of it.

Haha yeah I saw that oic in your thread! Looking good! Only thing you need to do is get rid of that Fram filter.

Nice engine bay!!!

:thumbup: :thumbup:

IMG_5549_zps0af985f7.jpg

do u have v tech. :rofl: ....sorry ... i did my mazda valve cover in red wrinkle and finally had to change it from all the does it have v tech jokes i got....looks good ... woulda looked better if i did it ... but i am partial to my work... lol... just kidding yours looks good.....my mazda one is now midnight blue wrinkle to match the alt. and misc other covers...

Haha yeah I saw that oic in your thread! Looking good! Only thing you need to do is get rid of that Fram filter.

hey at least its powdercoated in black wrinkle for the grips....I will agree though i have a stock pile of frams from way back when i knew no better... :crying:

Engine bay tooks tits... wish my 510 and 521 engine bay wsnt spray painted black by the P.O.... so fucking annoying... used oven cleaner and pressure washer to romove the spraypaint, had the bye product of a shiny copper radiator... love how the air cleaner pops. But, wrinkle scares me for cleaning... i saw the cleaner and cover at CT, looked sick just sitting there...

Thanks! Every valve cover I've done since I can remember has been wrinkle black. I've never found it any harder to clean than other powder. It's not like ceiling knock-down, this stuff is smooth so you can still run a rag over it easily.

Yeah, luckily my engine bay is pretty nice. It's the cars original color still, with no rust. Even the battery tray is solid. Brass radiator could be cool.

Oics in the morning of a refinished radiator.

I just imagine bits of fuzzy rag on it for some reason... ive got a peice from jon imm gonna purposely get dirty and test it.. i know its not like the popcorn cieling... did you paint the top of your oil cap? Looks good, you find a new one or is it the original? Mine looks like arse... I want a new one...

That looks sweet. Maybe I'll strip mine and see how I like it. If I don't, I can just paint over it.

Here is my last Evo valve cover:

4000695090_0ab78bf561_z.jpg?zz=1

I've never had an rag get stuck on it. Like I said, it's smoothe so the rag wipes right over it. Stock cap... I haven't done anything to it. I'll be picking up a new one myself here soon. I'll be picking up all new caps actually. That's part of my cleanup.

A buddy in Texas. He runs a shop called Tirados Custom Coatings. He and I were friends when I was doing it with one kitchen oven in his backyard and now he has a full facility with employees and such. Good guy... Working with a lot of the high end tuner shops around the country for parts.

He was the only guy I used for the longest time, but got tired of shipping parts all the way to Texas.