Road Trip

Biglay

Just before Christmas I got the call that my big brother was loosing his fight with cancer so I dropped everything and jumped in my 80 210 and hit the road for the 900mile trip south to L.A. The Car ran like a champ but I had this giant turtle shell on the roof that only allowed the little a14 to go 65mph tops lol.

39269234106433257710810.jpg

I stopped at a truck stop about 200 miles into the trip and made this air damper to see if it would help. It did!! I could now do 70 haha yay!

38585034115061923514610.jpg

The first place I ate in Cali!!

38056834150038586683610.jpg

Well the trip went rather uneventfull for a 16 hour straight drive. My trusty Ratsun serves me well. Im still down here in the L.A. area and will be posting more pics as I go. Wile down here I have been driving some of my favorite roads for pleasure. I took a trip to the beach and you know I went the fun way!! If you dint know where this pick was taken you should find it. One of the funnest roads in SoCal!

37955634932959508391510.jpg

Thanks for letting me share. Ill post more pics as we travel! Im hoping to catch a meet or something wile im down here. Happy motoring!

38309634593639875656810.jpg

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for letting me share. Ill post more pics as we travel! Im hoping to catch a meet or something wile im down here. Happy motoring!

38309634593639875656810.jpg

If you have the time go to the Torrance meet, Crossroads Shopping Center on Friday 3 Feb. It's on Crenshaw Blvd Near Lomita Blvd, between the Home Depot and In and Out Burger. All inports and usually many late model customs of all stripes. Nominally starts 7PM, but you know gear heads, "Is the sun up or down?" is as close to keeping accurate time as it gets.

Im not a very good writer so I didnt get to details but just to clarify, My brother has been in a 4 year battle with cancer. Hes 39.. So we all have come to grips with the reality of it all. He also being a car guy knows I still need my get away time and driving is how I do it. I have to keep my sanity though all this. If I had my motorcycle here I would be posting tourest pics with a bike in them on another forum haha. Anyway thanks for the thoughts and prayers and Ill try to get more pics.

Oh and Mike,

was planning on going to Torrance on the 3rd. I saw the little vids and saw all my favorite cars will probably show. See ya there.

I'm not trying to hijack the thread but Ggzilla asked me to post a picture of my rig on a trip that I made in October from the Seattle area to San Diego.

I have a 5-speed in it but was in 4th most of the way and only did 60 to 65 all the way (except on the uphill grades).

On the trailer is my 1960 MGA on an 8 foot Harbor Freight trailer.

BillM

http://s1164.photobucket.com/albums/q573/billmasq/

I'm not trying to hijack the thread but Ggzilla asked me to post a picture of my rig on a trip that I made in October from the Seattle area to San Diego.

I have a 5-speed in it but was in 4th most of the way and only did 60 to 65 all the way (except on the uphill grades).

BillM

You have to grab the url from the pics themselves, the whole gallery wont work.

Also, the img button is the one 2 to the right of the smileys. The last one is for youtube links etc.

DSCN1410.jpgDSCN1409.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

BillM

Bill, you should always use 4th for towing, climbing hills or passing.