'65 320's oh my!

It's been awhile since I've had anything to post, partially due to weak internet service, also partially due to photobucket being on the fritz (well, at least for me), and finally due to arranging the pickup of my new projects.

Finally got a new clutch in my 710 wagon, was out driving it thinking it couldn't get much better than this when a gent on craigslist finally responded to an offer I made over a month ago for 3 320 pickups. I figured that like so many offers I had just been ignored. (I can't really blame him, after all some of the offers I got for the 710 parts car were just plain ridiculous, one guy actually wanted me to pay him to take it away :mad: ) Anyway, so a long story short I arranged for the trucks to be stowed at my folks property on whidbey island and have been spending the weekends with them ever since they arrived two weeks ago. Here's some shots of the current state of my dad's field...

IMG_0001.jpg

The unibody is cool, I like the look and styling of it, but it's so rusted out that it isn't worth the time or energy to me, and it's leaving this week to become scrap.

IMG_0003.jpg

IMG_0004.jpg

The green one is in decent enough shape, however it's not quite as clean inside the cab as the red one, so I think the red one will be the primary and this one'll be for parts

IMG_0008.jpg

IMG_0007.jpg

IMG_0006.jpg

PhotoLibrary-005.jpg

PhotoLibrary-004.jpg

PhotoLibrary-003.jpg

This one will be my main project. I already have a rebuild kit for the motor with .030 oversize pistons and a weber carb. BTW does anyone know if these old E-1 motors are worth rebuilding? Either way it's going to happen as I need something in there that'll work, I'm just wondering if I should also keep my eyes peeled for another motor :)

PhotoLibrary-006.jpg

Here's the stripped bench seat I'll be using, the vinyl was toast and it had a mummified rat stuck in the springs (a true ratsun :D ) as well as the only solid looking radiatior in amongst the bed full of parts.

PhotoLibrary-002.jpg

I'm curious about this box in the bed of the truck, does anyone know what it's for, is it a stock accessory or what?

Also for new parts I have a factory new in the box turn signal cover, but I only have the right one, does anyone know where I could get the other one, or maybe have one made using the existing one as a template?

Anywho, that's all I have for now. More every weekend :cool:

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hope u get it dave, hate to c it go for scrap. I picked up a couple of 520 66-67, hope to use parts from them when I find another one in a lot better shape. check out the self cleaning bed in the red 520. lol

P1010050.jpg

P1010049.jpg

Nice collection! It looks like you have enough parts to build a nice truck. Don't scrap the NL! They are so hard to find... There has to be someone out there crazy enough to restore it. Or at least build a Ratsun :D

If you're scrapping the NL, I'd pay you for the:

front turn signal lenses and bezels (if it has them)

taillight bezels (need L side, would love both)

a radio (need not work)

anything else small you can yank and throw in a box

• 2 years later...