anyone thought of putting a small block 327 in a 510?

five_ten

420sel is one of my favorites

100_4478.JPG

I've never seen one with a carb. Mechanical injection isn't all that bad.

That looks just like the one in my driveway right now except with raw aluminum valve covers instead of black. I guess the mechanical injection is OK if you don't mind the look. I don't think they ever had carbs as an option but imagine a rack of Weber IDAs or maybe some crossed SUs like an old Rover.

351wida.jpg

turner3a.jpg

We're getting pretty far off topic but I'm enjoying it anyway.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

DO IT! The 327 is a classic engine. The 510 is a classic small sedan. It's a match made in heavy mountain.

It will handle better than any 1960's era musclecar.

I'd prefer an aluminum GM V8, taken out to 5 liters ... but the 327 looks and sounds the goods. Hey they fit em into Datsun 240Z which are even smaller than the 510!

That looks just like the one in my driveway right now except with raw aluminum valve covers instead of black. I guess the mechanical injection is OK if you don't mind the look. I don't think they ever had carbs as an option but imagine a rack of Weber IDAs or maybe some crossed SUs like an old Rover.

351wida.jpg

turner3a.jpg

We're getting pretty far off topic but I'm enjoying it anyway.

Jesus christ those throttle bodys.....

You could hook up a shopvac...

Borrowed? Try licensed. It is Toyota that has been accused of borrowing as they went it alone, all the while Nissan licensed and partnered.

I see a distributor at an angle like on the L16. And an exhaust manifold with an obvious design, straight down and out the back with exhaust ports that are not siamesed like Chevy chose to do. Valve covers looks like thier partner Austin, but with 3 bolts instead of 2.

They ever make any aluminum Nissan V8s of old vintage, like the Y block?

Sad to say, I've actually thought of a V8 in the 510, but it would have to be an all aluminum block to be worth it for weight.