SR20DEt in a 620 ????

datsunon40s

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

IF i deceide to go EFI on my 620 its getting a KA 12v. i knwo where i can get a few right now for cheap. no one wants tehm so parts adn whatnot are cheap. people pull em to slam in SRs all the time. yeah it might not be a 24v but hey. if the head gasket pops i dont have to pull cams to change it. ease of maintainance. i like that.

YEP, I was going to say QR25DE which makes I believe 200HP NA stock, but the only ones that will work are in the 2005 and up frontiers, I believe.

Does anyone know what those are going for in the yard? Almost forgot to say that the QR will be much lighter then the SR due to new casting methods.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2005-2006-2007-NISSAN-FRONTIER-ENGINE-25-000-MILES_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1638Q2em118Q2el1247QQcategoryZ33615QQihZ021QQitemZ310039856193QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWD1V

Still a little pricey, but its going to be the new "SR." YouTube has some good vids of the X-Trail that has the QR. Rev happy like crazy.

-Brian

Its going to be a QR....Its a completely different motor....ooh ya if its the new SR why is it in the truck models?? That may be a bit expensive but not far off from the SR. They should come down in price as soon as more frontiers get cracked up.

IF you don't believe you can pull numbers from a KA then check this site out www.ka-t.org If you have a motor in your car your at Zero dollars spent....so you have the money from the SR clip you would be buying to put into a turbo setup. The motor does need at least better pistons to handle boost and to lower compression. When all said and done you have a good reliable boosted car that produces more power then the SR at the same price? Seems like a no brainer to me. Plus Napa and Schucks have your part as well as the local Nissan dealer, cant be said with the SR.

There I go again on a rant.....crap.....I say L motor:lol:

ON the Q motor, the big downfall with that motor is its not a motor Nissan produced for power. Its built too light as far as internal components go.

I think the SR is a better route, Frank has more money in his turbo KA thank I have in my SR and my SR is faster. I love my SR it runs great, I would rather have a CA than turbo KA, I don't like the 2 timing chains on the dual can and I don't like how the hydrolic lifters always go out on the single cams. NA is a different story, I want to build the single cam in my truck.

Still Doesn't Drive...:D...ya know thats just one problem with a swap. It took me a while to figure out the wiring on my swap cause of the asshats who think information is worth gold. The simplest scenario for more power is sticking with the L in some form.

Yeah, I'll talk you out of it. So far, we've only heard from car guys. And even Icehouse would agree with me that an sr is a car motor. It was never meant to be a big torquey motor, or to be put in a truck. The fact of the matter is: the ka was built based loosely on the nap Z platform, the same torque but the ability to run higher rev's.

Although the sr in trucks is cool, it's out of most of our ranges for many reasons; too costly, very high technical factor (wiring, turbo, etc.), and these motors aren't exactly that easy to come by. Not to mention the amount of shit that has to be done and given up to make that motor work well in these old trucks.

I've been running the ka in my truck for almost a year now, and am happier than a puppy with 3 peters! The amount of torque and top end that this thing has is unbelievable! I had basically the same motor in my '97 4wd hardbody, and pushed that bitch to 5-6k every day with no problems. And it had no problems turning the 33's that I had on it as well.

Ka motors are a dime a dozen and easy to come by for relatively cheap. The aftermarket is good for these motors, and I've seen many 200-600 hp ka motors built over the years. Trust me, 150 hp in one of these old trucks is plenty unless you have an unlimited budget.

oops wasn't done yet,

One of the biggest problems you'll face in trying to get that sr to fit in a 620 is the steering and master cylinders. The Japanese have little problems making it work because they have right hand drive, which puts the everything on the opposite side of the motor with no conflicts.

I'm just saying, know what you're getting into, I'd hate to see this truck a year down the road sitting in your garage because you've given up on it.;)

my buddy in hawaii drifts and daily drives his turbo KA and let me tell you it is more then capable drifting... and that is in a heavy ass S14 in a truck with no weight in the rear you do not even need to boost it NA that thing will get loose..

ive trial fitted an Sr20DEt into my 620. im in australia though.

you would have to fabricate a high mount maniflold AT LEAST to clear your steeering rod and box.

standard steering rods CAN be used, its all about where you place the motor in the engine bay.

10042008.jpg

10042008015.jpg

bottom pick was utilised by bolting the SR gearbox to the STANDARD 620 Gearbox Mount, and using the STD mounting holes on the gearbox xmember.

we had to fab new engine mounts up to fit it up the front, but this worked fine. i think mine was 72.5mm BACKWARDS off the Standard SR20 Engine mounts on the block, and using the 620 rubber mounts