SR20DEt in a 620 ????

datsunon40s

Yea thats true. but then i would rather just opt for the boost motor stock beacuse it was designed to take it. i am not saying that it ist possible, but just be ready to constantly fix it. just my .02.

Do some research on the history of nissan engines, then come back and tell us these things, lol. Do some specific research on the development of the KA and SR. Nissan doesnt think like toyota when it comes to building engines of any kind for any application. peace.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the SR is a better route, Frank has more money in his turbo KA thank I have in my SR and my SR is faster. I love my SR it runs great, I would rather have a CA than turbo KA, I don't like the 2 timing chains on the dual can and I don't like how the hydrolic lifters always go out on the single cams. NA is a different story, I want to build the single cam in my truck.

Reliability costs money, and like stated above when you have the engine already its like nothing spent initially. Your also comparing a single cam(franks) engine to a dual cam engine(SR). The solid lifter conversion for the single cam is cheaper than a bunch of broken rockers on the SR from over-revving and not utilizing rocker stoppers(should upgrade the oil pump too). I have been inside all three engines and cant really tell any greater build quality than the other. The KA's are just over glorified L-motors in reality and have as many flaws in design as the SR does. If you want instant gratification then buy the SR, then start spending the SR prices for upgrades. Also, fivendime KA vs. SR after market are pretty damn equal, single cam is a different story however. From the sounds of your experience in this area I say go with the SR. peace.

OH WOW! Another arbitrary number 30 psi!!!! Your so right its ALL about PSI, lol.

So, an SR can handle 30 psi from a gt 67 or a t88, in stock form?

FINALLY someone else gets it. 30 psi on a GT15 is COMPLETELY different from 30psi on a GT35.

i hate trying to explain to people (noobs and non turbo folk) this theory. each turbo is different and each one will take a specified amount of psi differently. flow vs density

Also, fivendime KA vs. SR after market are pretty damn equal, single cam is a different story however. From the sounds of your experience in this area I say go with the SR. peace.

I never said that:fu: The only comparison I did on the two motors is the availability of parts, and you will never find the parts as readily available as the KA compared to SR....bla bla bla parts interchange....who cares about the few parts

Yes on dry, on wet......forget about any kind of traction when your foot's in it. I don't have video, but you can take a ride in it when I'm at canby.:D

if he doesnt want to go I will :D....

heres the deal if you want to drift this thing go with what ever you want or can afford but remember like a few other guys have said its not when your gunna wreak it, its how bad is it gunna be (so budget for future repairs) I have seen my buddy build a s14 240sx for drifting and in a matter of 30 seconds total his car...DONE, thank god it was on the track and he wasnt hurt. if money isnt an object put money into an na KA twin cam IMO, you can get more than enough power to drift a truck Troy and Dave Rebello built a KA for my friend Bill that when its done should be putting out around 270-280 horse at the flywheel (Rebello estimate) but the head work alone was over $3000 bucks and total engine build cost I would figure to be around $6500 dollars give or take

Reliability costs money, and like stated above when you have the engine already its like nothing spent initially. Your also comparing a single cam(franks) engine to a dual cam engine(SR). The solid lifter conversion for the single cam is cheaper than a bunch of broken rockers on the SR from over-revving and not utilizing rocker stoppers(should upgrade the oil pump too). I have been inside all three engines and cant really tell any greater build quality than the other. The KA's are just over glorified L-motors in reality and have as many flaws in design as the SR does. If you want instant gratification then buy the SR, then start spending the SR prices for upgrades. Also, fivendime KA vs. SR after market are pretty damn equal, single cam is a different story however. From the sounds of your experience in this area I say go with the SR. peace.

I know all engines have there flaws and weaknesses. I've rev'd the shit out of my SR countless times. I have no complaints, I've owned it 4 years now ( not always a daily driver, at least 2 years though and I drive way to much) I'm friends with tons of guys at shops and have seen a few ka turbos. I just think for anyone who isn't familiar with tuning and engine building SR will be a cheaper route dollar to dollar.

he came over to the house and gave me his 2 cents and you obviously know what he said:lol:

Yep :D Mark has ton's of experience with turbo nissans so he is defiantly one to talk to.