looking for exhaust manifold...

Hey I am in the market for an exhaust manifold. I would like to get a stock one from like and L16 or L18...But if I cant get one of those. Can anyone suggest a aftermarket header that works good on the Lseries I have an L18 and I already have and Offenhauser intake. just need the exhaust manifold. So I can do the weber swap. My truck has those crazy 2 piece connected exhaust and intake manifolds. And I would love to take all the emission crap off anf get rid of the hitachi carb and get my weber on there...Thanks for the help...

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

There are no headers that are any good for the L motors. The best they can be is 'as good' and this has a shelf life as all headers eventually rust away. If you haven't found one in the Pacific North West then you haven't tried hard enough. They're out there.

The shipping might kill you as im in canada, but i have several l16 exhaust manis... Read jon521's build thread.... I'm essentially doing the same thing he did , but using a stock 77 620 intake and a 69 510 exhust mani.

I think i have one you could have laying on the ground in front of my garage..If you think it would work and need pics of it let me know .

.. It`s a square hole manifold with a dual hole outlet........... Had air injection tubes..

• Like 1

Datzen Mike is right, there is no header made for the L motors that will outperform the stock manifold you seek. Everything I have found is basically the same repackaged shorty header that fits many, but is total crap IMO.

I was at the Arlington Pick And Pull today. There is a dual outlet, non smog exhaust manifold bolted to a motor in a greenish beige 620. intake man is gone and so is down pipe. The thing is attached by 3 bolts and everything is out of the way. Ripe for the picking. Good luck.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.