Form > Function S30

• Replies 780
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's a teaser vid of the first drift event of the season we had last weekend. I still have to convert all the footage from the second camera, so I was kinda limited as to what I could use for this.

Anyone know any good converters (preferably free) that I can use to convert .MTS to .MOV? Or MPEG4 or anything?

Lets hope this works, I'm not sure how to embed from Vimeo.

Sometimes I cant find a good converter to use, so I use the VLC trick.If it can, play the file in VLC, then have VLC save it in another file. Yes it has to play the entire video... But its free and works.

I'll have to drop my coilovers down, take a few pics, send them to stancenation, and then raise it back up! Jalen thinks I need to go lower. I still can, but my style is a bit more function focused, so I think it'd look weird.

Now that you got the look down, you need to get a swap in there!

• Like 1

Mission - in the most recent pic of your z it looks like you have Wheel gap I say lower it an inch to get rid of that but besides that the z looks awesome.

And CC somebody needs to make a cheap bolt on coilovers for the s30 haha

Probably not going to work on the Z a whole lot in the next few weeks. Sold the Miata and picked up this new project:

200bd696.jpg

1988 GXL, doesn't run, putting this in it.

5c3bbc81.jpg

Going to go ahead and tub the front so it'll already be done when I get knuckles. Next drift event is May 19th, hoping to have the KA in it and running, coilovers and a welded diff by the time the event gets here. Already have the rear end taken apart, started pulling the 13b last night.

This is basically going to be my drift slut for a good while. Not planning on selling it for a while, got a steal on this one and a parts car as a package deal.

NEED FC COILOVERS! I don't want to wait for PBM to get them back in stock.

So one of the welds on the coilovers cracked last night while I was driving through downtown. I had to park behind the Benz dealership and use their power outlets to weld it back up at about 1 in the morning.

The lower mounts were kind of welded up in a hurry, I was planning on going back and reinforcing them but just kept putting it off. Luckily nothing was damaged, but I'll be pulling the suspension off and rewelding it with reinforcing sleeves this weekend most likely. I've been driving it hard for the last couple months, so I'm surprised it hasn't happened before now.

I ended up drilling through the sides of the new tubes at three points and welding through them to the cut off tube inside to minimize cracking the welds on the bottom due to sideways forces... If that doesn't end up holding, I like the plate idea, but really be sure to have the new tubes be a really tight (almost press) fit on the inner tubes and resting all the way down on the spindle before welding and the welds around the bottom should hold it just fine.

^ that's pretty much the plan. I'll have pics and stuff up pretty soon.

OKStance finally got the article up! Check it out. He's pretty much the guy running/driving the stance scene here in Oklahoma, since there really isn't much of one, but it's growing to be pretty big.

http://okstance.com/2012/04/12/bens-1978-280z/

• Like 1

Hahaha........you name is Ben, , ” I want 15×11/10 SSR mkii’s and an L31.” seems we may have some similiar build threads in the future! Other than that nice feature although the guy needs to freshen up his literature, kinda strerched on and on. He can take some good pics from what i can tell, do you know what camera he was rockin?