Scammed or legit?

I was with a smaller credit union ,, loved it ,,,handled fraud well !!! they merged with large bank ,,, didn't like them much anymore after that ,,, stayed with it ,,,they hassled me about the fraud ,,, twice ,,, I since switched back to a smaller local bank/union ,,, both have advantages for sure !

Only thing I don't like about smaller unions is ,,, lack of locations to draw cash from if you need it ,,, errrrrrrrrr

Um, they have more technically.

Mine never charges me for any ATM use. I can use any CO-OP ATM for free (there are more of those in the US than and single bank has ATMs). I believe Chase doesnt charge to use their ATMs so then that is free. I dont have a problem with that. If I really need to find one, I just use my bank app to find a close free ATM.

My bank gives me up to $1500 available instantly with checks. I get free checks (only use a couple a year so they print them off on the spot for me). Other credit unions act like branches, allowing depositing of checks. Best thing is, they have never charged me a single cent for anything, no bank fees, period.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mine never charges me for any ATM use. I can use any CO-OP ATM for free (there are more of those in the US than and single bank has ATMs). I believe Chase doesnt charge to use their ATMs so then that is free. I dont have a problem with that. If I really need to find one, I just use my bank app to find a close free ATM.

My bank gives me up to $1500 available instantly with checks. I get free checks (only use a couple a year so they print them off on the spot for me). Other credit unions act like branches, allowing depositing of checks. Best thing is, they have never charged me a single cent for anything, no bank fees, period.

I get to use any *Star for free. And they tolerate the fact that I'm poor and have closed and account with them before.

You mean like a 1500$ loan?

I get to use any *Star for free. And they tolerate the fact that I'm poor and have closed and account with them before.

You mean like a 1500$ loan?

No, they just expect the check to be legit. And you will get charged if it is not.

I have deposited a 1200 check into my ATM and it was all available.

I scammed a scammer out of 300$ worth of game items once...

interesting ,,, do tell ! ,,, was it a private seller ? a game shop ? a retailer ? a phone scammer ? a boot legger ?

True ,,indeed you can !

I should have clarified --- > I don't like using any ATM ,,, I use typically only my credit unions ATM's ,,, then Iknow instantly on my statement whether or not I charged it or not ,,, Ever since I saw on the news that ATM's have had those devices attahed to them to read/save info on cards that go in and out of the machines ,,, I have been pretty hawk-eyed on what I allow and don't ,,, it's the portland area too ,,,, I guess I am paranoid ,,, I just hate having to deal with fraud so it's easier for me to try to be careful ,,, even though every ATM has an equal oppurtunity to be targeted ,,,

in addition ,,, have hadclerks at supermarkets take pics of my card ( front and attempt atback) ,,, gas station attendents attempt the same ,,, and ,,, other things ,,,

Then what is it I would have lost?

They already had every bit of info.

I guess nothing ,,, if you don't think so ,,, good luck

interesting ,,, do tell ! ,,, was it a private seller ? a game shop ? a retailer ? a phone scammer ? a boot legger ?

Digital items

A guy that stole Diablo 2 accounts/items and sold them on ebay. Someone told me about him and I invited him to my old site. He registered to my "forum" with the same pass as the email. Used it to access his Yahoo which had a LIST of each mule account/pass as well as his leet and d2legit accounts. Gave the stolen accounts back to whoever had a recovery email with the help of Battle.net and kept the mules for myself. Packed with goodies. He got bnet banned and ebay banned.

Digital items

A guy that stole Diablo 2 accounts/items and sold them on ebay. Someone told me about him and I invited him to my old site. He registered to my "forum" with the same pass as the email. Used it to access his Yahoo which had a LIST of each mule account/pass as well as his leet and d2legit accounts. Gave the stolen accounts back to whoever had a recovery email with the help of Battle.net and kept the mules for myself. Packed with goodies. He got bnet banned and ebay banned.

God did I just write that?

What a nerd.

Just wait until the Vampire Debt collectors who buy your so called debt get to work on your credit rating! They don't give a shit about statute of limitations and will keep trying to "redate" your "debt" to the date they purchased it for 20 cents off the little old Lady in the retirement home and the myriad [look it up] vultures who have been duning you in the meantime.

Just wait until the Vampire Debt collectors who buy your so called debt get to work on your credit rating! They don't give a shit about statute of limitations and will keep trying to "redate" your "debt" to the date they purchased it for 20 cents off the little old Lady in the retirement home and the myriad [look it up] vultures who have been duning you in the meantime.

I think you're lost...

Debit* card

As long as I get my voucher (3-4 days) before I cancel, I'm set.

You do realize that debit cards have NONE of the protections afforded by credit cards, right?

Also, you have now given them a direct link to your account, as well as whatever future funds you put in there.

Your best bet is to immediately cancel the card, close the account and get a new one before they tear you a new one.

Just because you have $0 in your account doesn't mean they can't order post cursive drafts against your account.

You do realize that debit cards have NONE of the protections afforded by credit cards, right?

Also, you have now given them a direct link to your account, as well as whatever future funds you put in there.

Your best bet is to immediately cancel the card, close the account and get a new one before they tear you a new one.

Just because you have $0 in your account doesn't mean they can't order post cursive drafts against your account.

You should always read the previous postings.

It's not like they're straight up thieves. It's a legit charge, just not something I want to pay.

There's no direct link between the card and the account.

And the card had all the protections of the mastercard credit cards.

You should always read the previous postings.

It's not like they're straight up thieves. It's a legit charge, just not something I want to pay.

There's no direct link between the card and the account.

And the card had all the protections of the mastercard credit cards.

I'm an American! I don't read shit! I formulate my opinions solely on insufficient information!

• Like 1