Yellow headlight film

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

might try the paint, also was wanting to smoke the corners and the rears i found this stuff called plastidip(rubber in a can) i have a very nice set of daisies that i painted with it, came out looking like powder coat, and the cool thing about this stuff is that it peels off really easy dsci0925d.jpg

I didn't bother with yellow film, I just bought the yellow running lights. #4412A

Rockauto.com has em and so does Amazon.com they're under $15.00 each, slide right in and the color won't wear off. :D I've heard the spray on yellow paint works too, but I just wanted to do it once and not have to be bothered with any extra work. "I'm lazy"

headlightandvalvecoverpics004.jpg

I am using the yellow film type on my goon,been on almost a year with no problems. I bought them through my work at NAPA,we got them from Performance Warehouse. They are made by Hella,& i'm also going to use the clear ones on my Hella H4 conversion low beams. It's a thick protective film that has adhesive on one side. I used a heat lamp to shrink/mold it to the curve of the bulb surface. They actually help alot in fog,or when I use the hi-beams . They aren't very spendy,but I forget the price. I'll look it up,& post part #'s for both yellow & clear. One of my H4's got a rock chip,a small hole actually,eventually filled halfway with water & blew the bulb. If i'd had the protective film on that wouldn't have happened.

I am using the yellow film type on my goon,been on almost a year with no problems. I bought them through my work at NAPA,we got them from Performance Warehouse. They are made by Hella,& i'm also going to use the clear ones on my Hella H4 conversion low beams. It's a thick protective film that has adhesive on one side. I used a heat lamp to shrink/mold it to the curve of the bulb surface. They actually help alot in fog,or when I use the hi-beams . They aren't very spendy,but I forget the price. I'll look it up,& post part #'s for both yellow & clear. One of my H4's got a rock chip,a small hole actually,eventually filled halfway with water & blew the bulb. If i'd had the protective film on that wouldn't have happened.

please do post some info on this film, maybe if i know what to call it napa can order it for me

• 2 weeks later...

I've been pulled over in thick fog, for not turning off my fogs for oncoming traffic.

What's the worst that could happen, you'd be surprised

low beams and they aren't even that yellow when the lights are on

this was some DIY i went to an art store and found some acid something film that is yellow but projecting through it is isn't that bad

also at first i tried some adhesive and it didn't dry clear ended up redoing it and just spraying window cleaner stuck it on

its very easy to remove

also i cut out the yellow rounds to put over the lamps soo all i have to do is peel them off

this was an experiment, just trying something

I didn't bother with yellow film, I just bought the yellow running lights. #4412A

Rockauto.com has em and so does Amazon.com they're under $15.00 each, slide right in and the color won't wear off. :D I've heard the spray on yellow paint works too, but I just wanted to do it once and not have to be bothered with any extra work. "I'm lazy"

headlightandvalvecoverpics004.jpg

is that the same bulb number as the 620 inners?

On my way home last night I saw 2 single headlight gti's with yellow film or paint on the singles, didn't realize this was a hellaflush kind of fad now. carry on

Must be because race car...

yellow-headlight-film-1.jpg

Porsche993racecar.jpg

09ALMSSebring_jb_2412.jpg

porsche-rsr-race-car-650x433.jpg

But seriously, yellow fogs have been around forever.

And yellow headlights on race cars are to differentiate the cars at night (yellow on production cars, common with Lemans racing)

Actually that up there should read ....Because poser..

Real le Mans racecars notice anything different

eurotrash first..

Audi-Le-Mans-winner-takes-on-Harrier-Jet-13734.jpg

porsche-917-le-mans-winner-1971.jpg

How bout some J-fiber

mazda787b.jpg

And some crazy asshole that entered the 1950 Lemans...........huh.giflaugh.gif

Briggs2BCunningham25E225802599s2BCadillac2Bat2BLe2BMans2B1950.jpg

Big wings don`t make a car fast.....Fast cars make big wings look good

• Like 1