B210 coupe

kinetict

Just picked her up yesterday. With about a whole inch in my garage left

6470114935_739b1436af.jpg

6470114937_1dc18744d6.jpg

So far have taking the seats out and unhooked a non stock stereo and the plastic from the steelies

engine wise it looks like there is no compression from cylinder 3 and low compression 2 and needs new seals real bad

• Like 1
  • Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well the owner of the forum lives in Washington. Datsuns thrive on the west coast since we have less rust. And the west coast was easy to get cars to, just put them on a boat and they land at all the port towns along the west coast.

What a way to spend a wet NW winter, building up a Bee for summer. Love the B210 coupes the most, i spent about 6 months (winter) putting mine together... Should garage it for winters, but love it too much ti not drive it. Take care of it, it looks to be real clean.

gallery_6836_931_9634.jpg

Just so everyone knows, the hub caps were the first thing i removed.

So i stripped out the interior and the seats. Took off the hood and hatch.

Im amazed that the car is so easy to work on.

6480081647_5e503da79c.jpg

6480081655_513bfe3902.jpg

6480081639_7eebd7b4e7.jpg

Going to pull this guy this weekend

6480081671_53ebd2838b.jpg

this was the passenger seat. Does anyone know what kind of seat it is? the bottom box fits right on the rails.

Nice score, my wife's mother had one just like that..bought it new, but was an automatic and would barely get out of it own way :lol: I'd love to have one of those.

• 1 month later...

So I know I have been negeting my thread. Have tons of pics. All the interior is redone and the car looks pretty damn good, on the inside.

Pulled most of the engine apart and came to this

6717724319_ace05842ca.jpg

6717724341_2f2606e648.jpg

6717724353_ec6b039f55.jpg

So i know the cylinders and the valves aren't suppose to look like this but what probably happened?

Should i save it? Or get a different engine?

And could i fit a L18?

So i know the cylinders and the valves aren't suppose to look like this but what probably happened?

Should i save it?

That's the "safe" thing to do.

And could i fit a L18?

That's the "fun" thing to do. :cool:

Based on some preliminary measurements I took awhile back, it looks like if you swap your engine crossmember out for one from a 510, the L16/L18 should be a pretty straightforward swap.

I've thought about putting an L20b in mine, just haven't pulled the trigger yet... :P

• 2 weeks later...

Thats not detonation, either something got dropped down the intake or your valve seat(s) broke, I swapped out my old leaded fuel head for an H89 unleaded head. Helped alot, especially shaved and high compression. Look for a 310 A14/15 head for it, get the intake and exhaust mainfolds too, they flow better.

Thanks. Good to know what caused that.

6717724353_ec6b039f55.jpg

By the way, all B210 heads are unleaded (no leaded fuel required).

The H89 is a great head, as it is a performance head. It has closed chambers for maximum quench, hence maximum power. It also means high NOx pollution so they weren't used in USA.

Beg to differ, my daughter has an H89 head on her 210, and got one off a local pick/pull last year... They are domestic. shaved it, now have to run 93 octane... but the output shure is the better., and the exhaust sounds real throaty. Look at my gallery.

Oh yea, how i know detonation? I detonated the pistons going lean with a vacuum leak with that head and compression ratio. Its hard to detonate a stock engine, tell tale of detonated engine is the ring lands are broke/burnt/degraded holes on the tops/sides..