Time for you Kalifornians to move

They did this about 4 years ago in Fullerton, Ca.

They blocked all the exits, and told use if we wouldn't leave they would ticket us for loitering, well we starting leaving but they were searching every single car on their way out. We just got an illegal tint fix up ticket that night. I saw a few cars getting impounded.

I don't really take my truck to the street races but been pulled over twice there with my friend's cars. One time they just told us to go home, the second time the cop was very upset becuase 5 days before a woman and her daughter were killed due to street races in the same county, after yelling at us and telling us to go check the crosses and candles of all the people that have died there, he let us go home.

Has any of you seen those checkpoints they now do about emissions? I'm not sure what they look into but they have some ramps so they can see under your car, a few computers etc.

I got pulled over into one, after telling the officer that my truck is a 71 he let me go.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Im not saying by any means that the guys should have been screwed with but theres usually a reason. These stories only took me a few minutes to find and I couldent find the one about the two girls on their way home from a friends house that were killed by a guy running from the cops at a side show. These are not just local either. Was there not a story a few weeks ago about a few people killed at an illegal streetrace in Florida. As with anything theres usually one asshole that ruins it for the many. This goes for citizens as well as cops. "A bunch of guys" is not 150 strangers. It is a gathering and if there are not permits its illegal plain and simple. Permits are there to make sure small little things like Uniform fire codes, health and safety codes, and such are followed. Lets not forget these codes are usually reactionary and written because people are mamed or killed! You need to be aware your actions will solicit a response. It is not the fault of the cops. They are just normal guys like you and I trying to provide for their families and go home to them at the end of their shift. If you really feel this is bullshit might I suggest involvement in associations like the NHRA that push for legal forums for events such as these?

http://cbs5.com/seenon/Oakland.sideshow.car.2.436075.html

http://www.foxreno.com/news/4540779/detail.html

No sale.People killed while fleeing the PD?Complete non-sequitur.

Are you saying we need a permit to hang out at McDonalds on a Friday night?Whoever enacted and or supports the idea of that ordinance needs a bullit right behind their ear.And i am NOT joking.

Fire,health and safety codes for a PARKING LOT???

Are you saying that my "action" of parking and talking to other gearheads warrants a response?:blink:

NHRA?They couldn't give a rats ass about the little guy.They are going the way of NASCAR.:mad:

Whoever enacted and or supports the idea of that ordinance needs a bullit right behind their ear.And i am NOT joking.

Proving my point exactly. Thanks!

I was almost arrested last year for doing a long roaster in the shop parking lot.The first thing he said to me was"I bet you think that I have no jurisdiction on private property".Yup I said.He proceeded to tell me that he could impound my truck regardless of the fact that it was inside the shop and I was out of it at the time.He threatened to throw me in jail and he couldnt believe they would even give me a license.About a half hour lecture later he went on his curly tailed way.

I think it is wrong to call all cops pigs but I do believe it is an acceptable term for the right cop.Sometimes they are way cool and willing to talk to you and help you out,others are short worded and stern with a mountain of authoritative attitude.I believe that respect is earned and a badge does not mean instant respect to me since they are people too regardless and capable of the same shortcomings as all of us.

I was cruising down the highway recently going about 58 mph when I was coming up on a cop getting off of his bike and starting to lift his radar gun when he put it down and stared me down.I peeked in the rear mirror to see he had put the gun away and was in hot pirsuit of me.I quickly shot down the next exit and took a free right lucky enough to have a truck in the other lane blocking me but I could see the cop pull up to the light look around and guess that I went left.Off he went and I felt great but was pissed he wanted to stop me before work for no reason at all.

I wonder if they do crap like this with bikers also? You know, harley guys? They can mod their stuff... They can race... I hate California. I imagine someday Oregon will probably be that bad, but hopefully I won't be around to see it!

I wonder if they do crap like this with bikers also? You know, harley guys? They can mod their stuff... They can race... I hate California. I imagine someday Oregon will probably be that bad, but hopefully I won't be around to see it!

Don't hate bro, It's not that bad, Gotta be better than rain 300 days a year.:D

Idea 1.) For those drive by smog emissions test in Cali. Why not turn of your motor off and place it in neutral? I did it a couple time and I heard that they pull you over only when it doesn't pass when you go by.

Idea 2.) I have seen the L.A fire department practice how to use there firetrucks on the L.A river. They been burning out and practicing there slides etc for emergencies. My idea is why not use the L.A river *when dry* for drag racing or etc.

Idea 3.) I wont be surprised that the cops go to a car show and ticket everyone just cus they can...

Well...yes and no. I see plenty of ear bleedingly loud harleys all the time. On the other hand, wasn't Jesse James fined for all the custom bikes he was selling without having them emissions certified?

Loud Harleys are not illegal, its a safety measure, since they are hard to spot at least you can hear them and don't run them over.

At our show we have a few customers that are cops and they are mostly into muscle cars, bikes and lifted trucks, and they don't really like riced out cars.

My friend is going to be a cop in a couple of years, and he's a Nissan freak and says that he won't treat kindly the muscle car guys.

And exactly what was your point?:confused:

My point being that all to often the people that speak up are the ones that find it easier to blame others for things they dont agree with. Most of the time you guys express this anger with IDLE threats like "they need a bullit behind the ear." It a lot more work to become informed and make change but it keeps you out of situations like the one that started this whole mess. Again, getting together with a bunch of buddies is fine but dont blame the cops when they come to break it up after another person with the "bullit behind the ear" attitude acted on it and ruined it for the rest of you! If I have to sit here and give you the "treat others as you would want to be treated" speech then obviously somebody has failed you in life but when it comes to most cops their attitude has to do with yours! That being said i'm done wasting my time with this thread. If your not willing to get involved and make a difference than dont bother with bitching.

Guest 510kamikazifreak
My point being that all to often the people that speak up are the ones that find it easier to blame others for things they dont agree with. Most of the time you guys express this anger with IDLE threats like "they need a bullit behind the ear." It a lot more work to become informed and make change but it keeps you out of situations like the one that started this whole mess. Again, getting together with a bunch of buddies is fine but dont blame the cops when they come to break it up after another person with the "bullit behind the ear" attitude acted on it and ruined it for the rest of you! If I have to sit here and give you the "treat others as you would want to be treated" speech then obviously somebody has failed you in life but when it comes to most cops their attitude has to do with yours! That being said i'm done wasting my time with this thread. If your not willing to get involved and make a difference than dont bother with bitching.

Yeh but what if you happen to get a rookie thats out to make a name for himself,They do tend to push the limit on issues(I am a copper dont f with me)

Then ,well you have the dickless traceys(lady cop)

they are another story(what if you get one of them pull you over ,while they are on there you no what???????????)

nuff said

Idea 2.) My idea is why not use the L.A river *when dry* for drag racing or etc.

pollution. on the day that it does rain, it drains right into the sa-mo bay. not good.

imagine what being on the bridges would be like though :w00t:

the movie industry pays a pretty penny when shooting there.

around the sepulveda dam would be a good idea :D

Loud Harleys are not illegal, its a safety measure, since they are hard to spot at least you can hear them and don't run them over.

loud pipes save lives :fu:

any MC accident ive been in were their fault and never saw/heard me :fu:

harleys were never 'hassled' in the cyns around here, only the crotch rockets

Cop pulled me over when I was already parked like an hour ago. WTF? What I did is that I pulled hard too pass an intersection were there was no light. I parked and was about to get off the car when that fool just blinded me... I really thought it was my friend trying to pull a fast one on me. But when he pulled up next to me I was still laughing "remembered this post". He told me what I did wrong and I told him that I was already parked and denied what he was accusing me off. He immediately asked for my ID. But just when I was going to hand him my card. He refused it and just questioned my age, my brother, and the reason I was in this area, then they just let me go... They guy I talked too was pretty pissed too.... No JOKE!

I thought that's where you were going.And you are wrong.This bull$hit that's going on would NEVER have happened 25 years ago.How do you stop it?There's only one way.Kill them.And no one has failed me in life with the exception of this country.

Informed?I'm more informed than ANYONE on this BB.Make changes?:lol:That comment shows just how much you really know about the system.

Also i don't make idle threats.The bullit comment was stating what needs to be done.

BTW-I' know what it's like to pound a beat at 0300 when it's 0 degrees with a 20 mph wind.So you can stop preaching the cop BS to me.

i have nothing against police. i know lots of em, friends and family and such. but i know stuff happens sometimes, seen it firsthand..... so now there is

http://www.ratemycop.com/

nuff said :D

Looked up my city. The cops are so bad they don't even have any ratings:D

Z-Train, you seem to be a little off your rocker or maybe just too angry. You are one of those people that give up too easily. I would also believe you have deserved the reactions from cops you have gotten from the past by your attitude you've expressed here. Dude calm down just a bit with the treats or it could get you in trouble.

man, this story is such a downer. it's getting harder and harder to play out here in cali.

that's it, i'm taking the motor out of my vet and dropping it in my b210, i needed one more reason to do it.

well this thread has taken a few different turns ..

in most cases there seems to be a disconnect between cops and the community

butt i don't know if its exactly cops vs. others.. thats a whole other topic and more should be done to bridge that gap

I am out here in NorCal and yeah side shows are no good .. for anyone.

but meeting up in a parking lot to look at cars .. is what we would probably all be doing 15 yrs ago if this forum was not here .. and that should not be illegal