My 521 project

kunsx

Hello. I am new at this forum but I wanted to post some of my project, have had this car for about a year and used it much. But now I have started to take it appart for some overhaulin. Have a problem to get a transmission here in Norway. I should have one from a US 240sx. There is a L18 engine in it now but I have got a KA24E engine I will put in. So if anyone could help? (Didn`t manage to lay out photos, gonna try later)

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I want a better photo of the box, is it some kind of stepside?

It's looking good, my favorite color.

EDIT

This is weird, I was wondering what console "hardslammed" was refering to when I posted the above reply, there were no photos of the stepside box that I could see, no photos of powder coated parts, so hardslammed was able to see photos I was not able to see at that time.

The console looks exactly like a 720 console to me with the back lower corners trimmed to to fit app.

What is the box from? A farm vehicle box of some sort?

Today I have been out and tried the car, but I think I have a problem with the suspension, I changed the fulcrum pins and nuts to new and I see someone wrote here that they have to go back in same place as they came off, but mine are new and I couldn`t see any difference in the threads, they all looked similar. But the suspension is very stiff so I suspect there is somthing wrong with the "adjustment or assembling" of the fulcrum pins. Any body who got any good idea?

Ronny

Today I have been out and tried the car, but I think I have a problem with the suspension, I changed the fulcrum pins and nuts to new and I see someone wrote here that they have to go back in same place as they came off, but mine are new and I couldn`t see any difference in the threads, they all looked similar. But the suspension is very stiff so I suspect there is somthing wrong with the "adjustment or assembling" of the fulcrum pins. Any body who got any good idea?

Ronny

I am not sure exactly how a fulcrum pin would effect the firmness of the ride in a datsun, so I am of the opinion that the part we are talking about is not a fulcrum pin.

The torsion bar ajustment would control the front end height and firmness, if they are to tight, the truck stance would be high, and the ride firm.

They would need to be ajusted the same, and would need to go back to about the position they were before.

I am impressed, your truck looks good.

I see it has an L block with what looks like a longshaft 5 speed?

Did you make the power brake setup, or did you buy it that way?

Did your truck originaly have a J block in it, as that is what the radiator looks like, so what year is the truck?

Last of all, are your vehicles in Norway right or left hand drive normally?

5 speed thats correct, bought it with that engine, but the power brakes I just put in myself. J engine originally. 1971 model this one and the car is left hand drive like normal in Norway.

I`m