82 720 KC build thread

poor-mans-720

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bro, your truck looks awesome on the first picture of this page your truck looks like the king of the wilderness!!! very very nice made me wanna buy a 4x4! and the new bumper makes it angry!!! wouldn't want that in my rear view mirror!!! keep on it!!

so tore my entire front of my truck out today. Took a plasma to it. Cut everything off in the front. re-doing the SAS. fixing some stuff that i didnt like the first time around and had some parts custom made for it, going to be AWESOME when i am done with it... just gimmie a couple of days, and see... :)

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

so went and gone and done it again.

here are some pics.

here is a rebuilt 22R with an RV cam and weber going into my truck.

WP_002479.jpg

fully rebuilt yota axle, trussed and with a detroit locker... yea, i am going to be unstoppable here in a couple days....

WP_002477.jpg

a much better hanger then i had.... 1/4'' thick. pretty....

WP_002475.jpg

WP_002471.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

gonna do a before and after of my recent mods... recap of most recent but good to see side by side.

Purchased

temporary-5.jpg

3" body lift and cranked torsion bars

WP_001655.jpg

Ball joint spacers 1.5" lift

WP_000422.jpg

pipe bumper

WP_001247.jpg

D44 Solid axle

WP_001517.jpg

Paint

WP_002107.jpg

New Bumper

WP_002425.jpg

New Toyota Solid axle, 4.10 gears, detroit locker, Tacoma big brake swap (effing amazing) IFS hub swap, wider then the D44

WP_002560.jpg

and more to come tomorrow... hint, its 37" tall... :)

• Like 3

Its actually not that bad. Taking off its a little sluggish, but not much worse then the 33's. Once its rolling its not bad. I did 70mph all the way home from across town. Was still passing idiots like it was no problem. And it looks bad@$$... :)

Im keeping it 4 cyl just going to do gears. Its great... Pretty sure it's the only 4cyl with 37's... Rolling on the road still.

• 5 months later...

Back from a long hibernation...

Rolled my truck this weekend after a camping trip to riffe lake. Its a long story, but it was a slow flop onto the passenger side. no one hurt, nothing major broken. rear cab window and thats it. gonna swap another cab onto it, then exo cage. so it wont happen again.

DSCN1136_zpscd40ee4e.jpg

DSCN1135_zpsefc9242f.jpg

DSCN1134_zpsd2869bbf.jpg