saving a 1970 chevelle

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Max, you made off like a thief, gratz on the find!

I hope you didn't actually give her a thousand for it.

Not my kinda muscle car, more of an Olds guy. But its a good starting point.

Hey, these cars are getting harder to find. Most have been restored, destoried, or rusted to a point is where every sheetmetal panel will need to be replaced. The woman who sold it didn't know what she had. In the shape it was in, she could have got 5000 to 6000 easy, more if it's number's matching and yes, there are is someone who have paided that for the way it sat.

That why I say, you scored big Max!

For a grand, that Chevelle was a steal! I totally miss my 71! There is a great support system for the Chevelle when it comes to parts. This should be an easy build.

Olds, so good GM killed it! :fu:

I know. They made a mistake.

I would pay 2 grand for that in a heartbeat. 1 grand is a steal.

If anyone is interested in getting a 69-71 Chevelle I know where they are all stashed out west for CHEAP.

• 1 month later...
Guest kamakazi620

That bench might be toast but keep it their getting hard to find........Do you still have the plate frame from the 510???? the kellum Datsun frame???? I would like to buy it if you have it my parents bought 2 datsuns from kellum back in the day

That bench might be toast but keep it their getting hard to find........Do you still have the plate frame from the 510???? the kellum Datsun frame???? I would like to buy it if you have it my parents bought 2 datsuns from kellum back in the day

Sry kamakazi I love that license plate cover it's gonna go back on the 510

5738413959_e67a8b152e_z.jpg

You know, seeing that wet smelly mess in there you have to wonder how much longer it would have lasted if you hadn't saved it.

Fisch That was my biggest fear, watching that car waste away after being so close.

As we were loading it up the landowner said he didn't want anything to do with his ex otherwise he would of sold it to me the 1st time I asked So that's why I never got anywhere with him :angry:

the owner of the chevelle had not spoken to her ex in years she didn't even want to come into the same town as him..

Pretty amazing to get two people that mad at eachother to talk to eachother to sell me a car lol

the owner of the chevelle had not spoken to her ex in years she didn't even want to come into the same town as him..

Pretty amazing to get two people that mad at eachother....

I can relate lololololololol....

Love this chevelle man! !!! :cool:

Yeah def keep it ... they are getting pretty hard to find ...