I need a new cell phone...whats best?

The wife is changing phone service and i need to get a new phone.

Shes going (I guess I am too) to Verizon. So I need to pick up a new phone.

Blackberry? Motorola Q 9m ? ENV? Voyager?

Help me out you younger dudes...

I need to figure it out by Sunday night.

Here is what I want from my Cell: Decent Photo capability. an easy text capabilty. perhaps access to the "Internets" (George W. Bush")

Car Toys has a buy one get one. The wife can get a corporate discount through the School District.

Thanks for the help my fellow Ratsun brothers.

dd:fu:

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The wife is changing phone service and i need to get a new phone.

Shes going (I guess I am too) to Verizon. So I need to pick up a new phone.

Blackberry? Motorola Q 9m ? ENV? Voyager?

Help me out you younger dudes...

I need to figure it out by Sunday night.

Here is what I want from my Cell: Decent Photo capability. an easy text capabilty. perhaps access to the "Internets" (George W. Bush")

Car Toys has a buy one get one. The wife can get a corporate discount through the School District.

Thanks for the help my fellow Ratsun brothers.

dd:fu:

my wife works tech support for verizon. blackberrys are a POS. she has more issues than anything else with those. i can ask her what she woudl recommend for that.

my wife works tech support for verizon. blackberrys are a POS. she has more issues than anything else with those. i can ask her what she woudl recommend for that.

Yeah, that'd be great as my contract is up in October. I've been w/ Verizon for 10 years.....though it was Airtouch before they got absorbed. Every time I thought about switching, Verizon would lower the price, so we've just stayed.

I use a cellphone for calling people....duh. I've always taken the low-end freebie when I renew and I generally have zero problems. The one time I tried a Motorola Q, I returned it in a week....clumsy form factor and lousy as a phone.

My wife has a Razr. Loves it except for the crap battery life. Barely lasts a day....and that's without talking!

I'm 55 and work tech support at Boeing's Enterprise Help Desk. Lots of Blackberry calls to get 'em set up, but then they just work. Of course, those have been mainly with T-Mobile and Cingular/the new AT&T.

Let us know what you end up with.

I have always loved motorola cellphones.Never had a problem with them.

Then I upgraded to a BlackBerry 7 series, but for some reason it stopped working when I went from Cingular to AT&T sim card.

I now have an iPhone and loving it.

I got a motorola Rokr. so far I am pleased.

I took out the pioneer head unit in my car to replace it with gauges. Now I just plug up my phone to the Sony amp and I cal listen to all my Mp3's

I have always loved motorola cellphones.Never had a problem with them.

Then I upgraded to a BlackBerry 7 series, but for some reason it stopped working when I went from Cingular to AT&T sim card.

I now have an iPhone and loving it.

I've had the razor, sidekick 2, sidekick 3, a few nokia's and now the iPhone. I personally love the iPhone, like anything its has its goods and bads but overall I love it! The photo's are great, the battery life is amazing for what I do with it in a day. My favorite part is the screen, it must be made of see through metal because mine is getting old and it has very few scratches. With my lifestyle phone screens don't last, I've even got metal shavings on. I personally hate Verison! From experience it depends on where you live though. I used there service for 3 years and wasn't happy with the coverage. T-mobil has been my favorite but I had to have the iPhone so now I'm on AT&T, they are alright... Better than Verison but nothing like T-mobil.....

I'm an Apple guy, after Thomas convinced me to get one I've never even though of going back. The new operating system is amazing! I'm personally not that big into computers, I guess I'm like most people with cars, I just want it to run smooth, I could care less about GIG's, Bits, CPU speeds.... I just want to go to my favorite web sights, print stuff, record music and thats about it. My Apple is about 2 years old and I haven't got a "Blue screen" or had to reinstall anything. I have had Safari freeze but thats if I have over 40 windows open :D haha So with my love for Apple products I had to have the phone. Money well spent, I did hack my iPhone, kinda wish I didn't know I got 3 screens of crap on it and am to lazy to unistall all of it..... Some kick ass crap though! Damn being a computer guy for a day...... haha

Depending on what you do I would get the phone fits you. If all you do is talk get the phone with the best battery life, that is free with the plan. I like all the bells and whistles so I bought the best phone. The sidekick is the best for texting that I have used. I can type faster on that phone than my computer :D The iPhone is alright for texting, I don't really text much anymore so I haven't gottan that fast.

Let us know what you get and how you like the phone and service.

You could of stayed with T-Mobile and buy a jailbroken unlocked iPhone.

There's only 3 things that I don't like about my iphone.

1.No video recording (im pretty sure they will add this soon)

2.Can't send MMS

3.Screen doesn't like my greasy fingers.

OK, tuesday I just got my new phone. I get a corporate discount of 20% at Verizon and I got 2 LG VX8350 as my freebies. It has more than I need, but it can do basic internet. It has the camera/video, and a music player. But I'm not really a youngster so I just go for what I can get for free.:P

I've played with Q's and they suck big time. The two friends I know that had them took them back. I've had to Moto Slvr for over a year now, and I still get 2.5-3 days out of the battery without a charge. Best phone I've had by far since I first got a cell phone in 03.

Yeah, I liked the LG phones, but the Motorolas, even the low-end ones get better reception. When I lived in Capitol Hill, it didn't matter; I'd get full bars even in the basement. :thumbup:

However, now in Lake Forest Park in the Perkins Way gully....a near-cellular dead zone. When we first moved there in 2004, our Samsung A680's wouldn't work inside the house. Our 2006 vintage Motorolas work....usually.

I hear nothing but horror stories regarding Cingular/AT&T, but even if Verizon got the iPhone I wouldn't get it......too friggin' expensive. Costs more than new roadster brake calipers. Maybe if I was a rich HVAC tech, hehehehehehe..... :D

I'm thinking maybe switching to T-Mobile if their coverage improves. They also have that new $10 VoIP service, which means I could kill my $23 monthly Qwest bill.

I had an LG at one point, but I don't much remember it. It was good for basic stuff. I had a Moto Razr after, and it was a fun phone, but that was it. It's an accessory as far as I'm concerned, not a practical tool. Poor reception, terrible battery life, and it started spazzing out on me after a while, although that may have been due to getting it wet more than once.

I've had a Nokia for a year now... I don't remember the model, but it's the flip version of the slider that came out over a year ago. The reception is great... I do a bit of long-distance driving, and I found my Moto had reception issues on the highways sometimes. The Nokia recieves everywhere, even in underground parkades and tunnels. The battery life is great too... it's starting to die down a bit, but I can still get about a day and a half of usage out of it, including my phone calls and constant texting.

I haven't tried the Blackberries or iPhone or whatnot, even though the iPhone looks cool. I can't have something like that in my line of work though... I needed a flip because my phones are prone to falling and getting dirty.