• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Got it a little farther stripped down. Off it goes to the builder. Probably going to be there until the end of the year.  620 needing some love

060.jpg

Edited by Farmer
  • 1 month later...

Did some work on the ol 620. Getting the coil over mounts prep out for installment.

Got the cab off the frame somewhat, atleast 5- 6 inches

068.jpg

Cut top of shock tower off using cutting blade on grinder

066.jpg

Bent metal tabs to take shape of CO mou

Finally prep area to be welded

061.jpg

067.jpg

064.jpg

Going to have my future Nephew in law, weld them up for me when ever I can get him over here.

Larry

Edited by Farmer
  • Like 1

^^^^^^  Yes, Qa1's  Heres  a link  Going to run 400lb springs

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/hal-aln3855b

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/hal-7-400/overview/

That may be a little stiff, most go with 350s, and I have even heard complaints of harsh ride with that. You might want to go with a little longer for more travel also. raise the mounts 1 inch anduse shocks with 1 inch more travel = better ride. :thumbup:

Measured things out and decided to go a little longer on shocks.  Since I am running 2 inch drop spindles.  Updated my links.

About 350 springs. Sanity , fireline  and Datsun LLC builds ended up using 400 lb springs So Im up in the air about that.

I'm excited watching your build.

I'm VERY curious about the coil over conversion & the lower coilover mount. Have you decided if you are keeping a/your sway bar or modding it to work with the coilovers.

I want to do this BAD to my truck but gotta save up a bit more coin. 

Mine didn't either but I put one in. It's an early 620 with longer end links. 

On ball joint trucks the end link bolts to the center portion of the LCA thus a coil over would "block" this connection. It shouldnt be a to difficult work around but a work around just the same. I prefer the handling with the sway bar installed. I like to drive fast on curvy mountain roads :) 

• Like 2

Measured things out and decided to go a little longer on shocks.  Since I am running 2 inch drop spindles.  Updated my links.

About 350 springs. Sanity , fireline  and Datsun LLC builds ended up using 400 lb springs So Im up in the air about that.

Larry, My coilover conversion for my 1200 camw with 150 lb. springs, and it rode like shit. They told me that they didn't make any softer springs, so I lived with it for a while. I finally found out that Eibach makes 100 lb. springs, so I bought a set, raised the mounts 1 in. for more travel, and installed softer bump stops. What a difference! Better handling and ride, now I need to find softer springs for the rear, for a better ride at that end too, and it will be pefect. I would talk to some people that have tried different rates b4 ordering to keep from wasting your money on something you might not be happy with.

Good luck!

• Like 1

Like I said before Iam new and was hoping to meet other 620 builders I caught that you live in the gp area of Oregon if so I would be happy to bring my welder over and get your truck to the next stage. I just finished a hardbody front end swap on my 77 620. I fabed. It all in

I usually look at locations but I didnt on yours. Looks like you have a collection of projects.  There's a few Datsun/ratsun people here locally. just have to get them out of the wood work. Might take you up on that offer.

You need to start a build thread and post pictures. We all love pictures

Larry