• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

Got my coil overs.

Note to all if looking for this particular info:

Ive concluded that if your installing  on bee's coil over bracket made for kingpin, get the one with bearing ends

If installing them on bee's coil brackets made for ball joint, get the rubber bushing ends.

PICS

069.jpg

Just for kicks

070.jpg

Edited by Farmer
  • Like 1

Ive concluded that if your installing  on bee's coil over bracket made for kingpin, get the one with bearing ends

If installing them on bee's coil brackets made for ball joint, get the rubber bushing ends.

Can you elaborate.?

Can you elaborate.?

On Eric's build thread, seen here http://community.ratsun.net/topic/35730-78-kc-with-a-ka24de/page-3 (Page 3-5  )he purchased bee's coil over brackets for his 79 620.  But was sent the ones for the kingpin. He installed the brackets and got the shocks with the rubber bushing. Wouldnt fit the bracket. He would of have to cut off part of the bushings to fit.  Some one mentioned he had to get the bearing type ends.  So I bought the ones with bearing ends but MY brackets are about 1/2 inch wider the the bearing ends.  If you look at Erics brackets, they are skinner than mine. So, the rubber bushings will fit my wide brackets and the bearings ends will fit his narrow brackets. But now he's getting the correct brackets and will have to switch back to the rubber bushing

• 2 weeks later...

Bearing type mounts a little to narrow for the bracket.

071.jpg

Was going to have Mike machine me some spacers but decided to find something else instead. I needed something 1/8 inch wide.  So I found some brass washers from local hardware store.  Once'd brackets gets powder coated and tightend up, should work out perfect

074.jpg

073.jpg

Edited by Farmer
  • Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Who made the lower QA1 shock mounts?

Does putting the lower mount out that far allow you to use the 350lb shock, my thinking about it is that the farther in you go, the stronger the spring needs to be, so the farther out you go, the softer it can be, it's all about leverage.

I don't often follow 620 threads, but this interests me, and since you are going with the drop spindles, that means you are upgrading to vented rotors/calipers, what setup are you going with, sorry if you have stated this already, but I only went back a few pages, mostly looking at the photos and the text about them.