New 510

VTechJDM

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Rules of owning a Datsun:

1.) Thou shalt not mention body kits and 510 in the same sentence.

2.) Datsuns are not Honduh's. Do not combine anything from one to the other.

3.) Fully understand that Datsuns are collectibles. They are not throw-away cars.

4.) Every 510 is different, it doesn't require any body kit crap to accomplish this.

5.) Everything has a function on a 510... except rice burner shit. Meaning no wings. A 510 is a brick, and nothing you bolt onto it is going to change that.

Welcome to Ratsun!

Nice to see you have a 510 there, but unfortunately without pics, this thread is useless!

Upload the pictures to ImageShack or Photobucket, and use BBCODE tags to post on these forums.

BBCODE is the tags. Once you do it, it's like riding a bike.

We are all a nice family/friends oriented group, and we love entertainment. PLEASE post pictures of your Honduh!

P.S. - You best be trollin'.

• Like 2

You guys are so hard on the newbies. How about trying to welcome him and show him the Datsun way and convert him from the Honduh instead of chasing him away. He is only 19 so he is not too old to learn some new tricks.

you have to admit though he hit every point in the book for things we universally seem to dislike and doesnt care for things we do like, doesnt know how to post pictures which happens with all newbs, says coupe not 2dr, makes mention of trying to drift...

There is just such a conglomerate of stereotypes that it is just as if Indy or Skib was trolling. It just doesnt seem real. But +1.

Dude. PLEASE tell me you aren't serious.

A body kit on a 40 year old car?

3 inch exhaust? 4 inch tip? where's the back pressure in that?

PLEASE don't add a body kit, PLEASE don't Turbo if you don't know what you are doing. Honda's can take all sorts of abuse, Datsuns cant.

I don't know how much more desperate i can get, but i'm begging you not to Rice the shit out if this. If you know what VTEC is, you know what Rice is.

This is a economy car from the 70's, it's as aerodynamic as a flying turd and it's slow as fuck. The unique aspect of a car you're looking for comes from the cars personality, not the driver's.

Forget the 4 inch fart cannon and the turbo until you drive the thing around.

Thanks to whoever stood up for me! Yea I am just new and getting outa the Honda scene and don't really know the differences so Im tryin my best. i just want to have something never done before basically is all. My friend said his dad knows someone with a 510 with over 500 horse power and thats gotta be fast right?

+1 more point to sounding like a troll...

500hp in a 510 is nuts. You are going to need to do some strengthening. And that expensive suspension? Well we tend to like cars to stop and handle. Horsepower means squat without being able to control it. So if you have your sight on that, then "expensive suspension" is going to be in your car.

Also tiny motors? Well SR20's are tiny but they carry a huge bunch. We keep the little motors to keep weight balance in the car.

Tiny wheels? The car came with 13 inch from Datsun. The car will handle better with wheels up to 15, some like 16. On top of that, many people like to slam there cars (static drops) and well the 510 can be slammed easier with 14s than 16s.

This is a vintage classic. Above all else we like to see these cars remain on the road.

kid if your serious about having this 510 youd better hit the books.

the real books, not ricer 101.

take everything you learned from hondas, and forget it.

these arnt buy bolt on fake chrome plastic, shithouse wings and gaudy fiberglass body kits for autozone cars.

your actually going to have to build things and know what the fuck your doing. even if its just slightly.

they are not hard cars to keep on the road, but the bolt on ignorant ricer shit just isnt going to cut it.

some shit may sound harsh in this thread but welcome to the reality.

if you put in the time to actually learn some shit it will pay off and will be thanking some people later.

• Like 1