This here is my 521

Parker521

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Love the truck I would just lower it and thats about it.

well put a electronic ignition and a weber carb when the one you have takes a dump or it might have a weber on there already.

olddatsuns.com has alot of infor to keep it running. these are simple rigs but do require manit as they are old and things break(alot soemtimes) So if this is your only rig better get another one if your job depends on it.

I have a 521 and the list of repairs would wipe out most cheap asses

• Like 1

cool. datsuns taking over SF. The 510 is also on here if you've seen it. what are you plans for the truck?

welllll.... if you drive around the dogpatch now you'll see it parked at my work. first order of business is to make the million angry bee sound go away. next has got to be the inside--- i'm sitting on 6 bedpillows to make the seat functional at all! i think we'll keep the 4 speed but the mechanic mentioned it needing head gasket repair, so maybe it would be worth it to do a swap. oh, after the seats: the shocks. i literally lift off of the seat -- airborne-- if we hit a bump hard enough.

i like it the way it is, really. just want it to run well and look decent. i love the color, so i can't change it.

Love the truck I would just lower it and thats about it.

well put a electronic ignition and a weber carb when the one you have takes a dump or it might have a weber on there already.

olddatsuns.com has alot of infor to keep it running. these are simple rigs but do require manit as they are old and things break(alot soemtimes) So if this is your only rig better get another one if your job depends on it.

I have a 521 and the list of repairs would wipe out most cheap asses

ha! yeah, we're searching now for a daily driver-- i really wanted it to be the truck but maybe again in the future it can be. we've already done the brakes and the clutch-- just repairs-- and welded a new exhaust pipe for it. trying to deal w/ the suspension issue and it needs shocks too. i dont know what carb it has-- some datsun racecar type dudes that fixed the brakes for us actually folded the hood the wrong way when trying to open it, so they replaced the carb with a rebuilt one, and did the starter recently too-- although i regret letting the mechanic replace it. should have repaired the original after reading up on it in the forum.

i'm not sure how to start knowing how to fix cars...i know a bit about a lot of other things like plumbing and carpentry but i've never been around people who work on cars so it's all new to me. i've heard that the "how to keep your old datsun alive" book is good too. should probably start there!

ha! yeah, we're searching now for a daily driver-- i really wanted it to be the truck but maybe again in the future it can be. we've already done the brakes and the clutch-- just repairs-- and welded a new exhaust pipe for it. trying to deal w/ the suspension issue and it needs shocks too. i dont know what carb it has-- some datsun racecar type dudes that fixed the brakes for us actually folded the hood the wrong way when trying to open it, so they replaced the carb with a rebuilt one, and did the starter recently too-- although i regret letting the mechanic replace it. should have repaired the original after reading up on it in the forum.

i'm not sure how to start knowing how to fix cars...i know a bit about a lot of other things like plumbing and carpentry but i've never been around people who work on cars so it's all new to me. i've heard that the "how to keep your old datsun alive" book is good too. should probably start there!

also:::::

THANKS for the nice welcome to the club here! thank god for all of you-- i've learned a lot since we got the truck just by reading posts.

how do you do the multi-quote thing???

also:::::

THANKS for the nice welcome to the club here! thank god for all of you-- i've learned a lot since we got the truck just by reading posts.

how do you do the multi-quote thing???

you hit "multi-quote" on each post you want to reply to then hit "add reply" at the end of the thread.

welllll.... if you drive around the dogpatch now you'll see it parked at my work. first order of business is to make the million angry bee sound go away. next has got to be the inside--- i'm sitting on 6 bedpillows to make the seat functional at all! i think we'll keep the 4 speed but the mechanic mentioned it needing head gasket repair, so maybe it would be worth it to do a swap. oh, after the seats: the shocks. i literally lift off of the seat -- airborne-- if we hit a bump hard enough.

i like it the way it is, really. just want it to run well and look decent. i love the color, so i can't change it.

right on. well if you ever wanna talk shop i work down the street,

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...