2 dr 610 Dirt track build, *now with video*

GreaseMonky

where can i get some clamps from?

Laecaon has a link to those .. Ratsun website is so immense could not seem to find the posts i saw it in.

I bought mine off ebay, but seller was just a clearing house so no longer available there.

Pictures of mine installed..there is a piece of muffler pipe between clamp and spring tower..

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZ207.jpg

I started by using muffler clamps to find height i wanted but clamps rubbed against tire..but they did work.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZ179.jpg

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Laecaon has a link to those .. Ratsun website is so immense could not seem to find the posts i saw it in.

I bought mine off ebay, but seller was just a clearing house so no longer available there.

Pictures of mine installed..there is a piece of muffler pipe between clamp and spring tower..

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZ207.jpg

I started by using muffler clamps to find height i wanted but clamps rubbed against tire..but they did work.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzZZZZZZZZZ179.jpg

I ended up just welding mine on in the stock location on the zx strut

• 1 month later...

wish i would have saw this sooner, i dont have 610 knowledge at all but i have a ton of dirt circle track knowledge. is one of your front brake setups on the front struts better than the other? as in is it going to grab the rotor better? also have you scaled this car yet at all? just curious to see what kind of rear percentages and cross percentages you have.

This guy has it right. The left front strut had a better brake then the right front. In another post he says this helps rotate the car. By going to 2 zx struts you probably screwed up the handeling. Remember, circle track, especially dirt, is way different then twisties

The bigger was on the outside (right) he swapped in tge zx struts and breaks, cutt the right one for as mych camber as possible , runs great, and fast ti dive into corners.

And,ges got so good with the car that he doesnt use the breaks to set for corners, there just to keep him off other cars, welcome by the way :)

• 1 month later...

Ok so use a holley, or no holley? I have thought about building another engine, and go for like a 2.2, or 2.4 with the l series head, with maybe a different head, with some port work, and larger valves

I don't know much about the Holley Carbs, but I run a Weber 40 DFAV-1 Carb on my "Race Wagon" and I love it. It responds great and is very easy to tune. The only problem is finding one, I think they're out of production. :( I got mine on Fleebay. :D

• 2 months later...

I don't know much about the Holley Carbs, but I run a Weber 40 DFAV-1 Carb on my "Race Wagon" and I love it. It responds great and is very easy to tune. The only problem is finding one, I think they're out of production. sad.gif I got mine on Fleebay. biggrin.gif

I am running now a weber 38/38 and I think it works awesome

SO went out for a practice today in the dirt track car, and gotta work on some things, first is I need different gears, i went from 4.44 to 3.90, but I think in need 3.70, or maybe lower

First run out

Second run out

• 2 weeks later...

Well here is video, of the race day, I only have in car video of the races, I had no one there to video from the stands.

By the way, I need a engine :sick:

Qualifying

Heat

Well fuck.

What the shit happened there?

When I tore the engine down, on of the bolts for the main that broke was not found, It didnt break, and the threads are fine? so I dodnt know where it went

Your guess is as good as mine, bearings all look great, but there was one main cap thats in to pieces, the one that was missing the bolt, #4 rod in 2 pieces, #4 piston, skirt was broke, and lots of other pieces in the botom of the pan, like rod cap, and rod bolts, and other pieces of shrapnel

• 4 weeks later...

Well here is a update, I will have to post pics and vids later, but I didnt get my car done for the next race which was 2 weeks ago, so I ran a loaner car, finished third in my main.

This last Saturday took my 610 out qualified terrible, (forgot to put fuel in the tank, and ran out :blush:) won my heat, and then won the B main, carried over to the A started in the back, and was moving up good, but got spun and stuck in traffic and finished 9th, but if you watch the vid i should have been scored in 6th or 7th, but o well next race is the 30th of this month new motor does ok, i think i need some more outta of it

Ok here is some of the videos so far from this last Saturday, need to thank my sponsers as well CrackerJack over at Vector Vinyl, Sins Rod & Customs, Ram Light Truck Parts, and of course me Walker Racing

This is my heat race

And this is the "B" main

• 2 weeks later...