2 dr 610 Dirt track build, *now with video*

GreaseMonky

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you do decide to run a holly, I have a custom adapter and mani for a 500cfm 2bbl that came off a mini stock 510. let me know if your interested and I will take some pics.

Yes I would be interested, can you maybe give me some pointers on what I could do to the engine to run the 500 cfm??

and maybe a cam choice since my cam lobe does have a chip outta the cam lobe

I dont plan on going thru bills datsun, thats what the previous owner said the cam came from, but I can find any info on the profile of the cam

I dont plan on going thru bills datsun, thats what the previous owner said the cam came from, but I can find any info on the profile of the cam

From what I've heard about Bill's he probably sold a stock L cam. Sure looks like an L20B cam but maybe re-grind. Retainers and lash pads? stock??

Looks like a U67 head. Is it?

Yes they all have the dual spring. The inner one isn't that strong but I think it's there as a back up in case the main spring should break. Without the second spring there would be nothing to keep the valve from dropping down into the cylinder too far and hitting the piston top. The motor would run like crap but it could be at least fixed. Additionally the inner spring usually is coiled in the opposite direction to the main spring and also usually very close in size to the main spring's inner diameter so there is a slight frictional 'rubbing' that will dampen any harmonic vibrations.

Well I am thinking I wanna throw a cam in, since it has a broken lobe, is it .450 lift the largest I can run with stock springs? any good profiles you can recomend?

And as Redbanner already answered it is a U67 head

Here is the manifold set up for the holly 500. The motor it came off of is a LZ21 with something close to a 500/300 cam. They guy who was running it said he only ran this mani and the holly because of the rules (stock manifold/2 bbl) but it ran real high RPM's without a problem. I don't know if the holly was choked down or not. If your interested in it make an offer or PM me. SDC14911.jpgSDC14910.jpgSDC14912.jpg

No way to know if the two ports actually line up. The gasket left a ring on the head and the intake so you could port out to that ring and they will for sure. The aluminum is soft so a burr chucked in an electric drill will work. Smooth with rough sandpaper. Surface roughness isn't really a factor on an intake.

I've used a rounded wood rasp by hand too. Worked pretty good and you can reach in inch and a half or so.

Most of this stuff I wouldn't bother with on a street motor. The gains are there but slight and only really effective on a full race application. Each thing like porting the intake by itself won't add up to much but combined with a lager cam, bigger valves, header, multi carbs, compression etc. etc..... the whole becomes larger than the individual parts. Eventually you have a motor that can't be driven on the street and is only at home above 6K.

So I have been trying to figure out this mystery engine in my car, and no one wants to tell me what it is, so far all i know is its a L20 block, lightbed flywheel, U67 head, and from what I think dished pistons, and that was looking thru the spark plug hole, But thats all I can tell, I am trying to figure as much out so I can go get a cam for the car, and a carb

Im trying to fugure out what kind of struts are on my brothers car, matching brakes would be super cool.

The driver side is the the one I suspect being stock

2011-10-31193124.jpg

Numbers in 2 lines as fallows

54303h755u the last u could be a 0

6 4 1 2

2011-10-31193130.jpg

The brakes look alit like my b210

The passenger side is a z strut I think idk

2011-10-31193112.jpg

The numbers are ase fallows

54302u6050

3 z 1 4

2011-10-31193102.jpg

2011-10-31192921.jpg

The strut bottom has ben cut and re welded for more camber

2011-10-31195627.jpg

And,the brake looks way different.

Please help me , I tried searching the numbers on the strut and came up with baffled and frustrated.