2 dr 610 Dirt track build, *now with video*

GreaseMonky

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure that is a zx spring. My Maxima spring would not go up inside the strut tower, it was too big around. Also a narrower spring will leave room for a camber plate to tilt the strut (and spring) over. If the spring is large it will limit adjustment. Maybe this is why the bottom of one strut was welded???

this is making me wish i hadent gotten rid of my old stuts i would have sent them to you i think i still have a front spring though as well as a top spring perch you would just need to get a bottom and you would be set

SO the small strut in the pics, not the one cut is from a B210, Banner loaned me one and I brought it home and matched it up, and even has the same part number, and it has a H prefix like the other

the one with the small brake pads right? if so its the same as a late model 610 and 710

yes the small brake pad one.

Ok here is the plan so far, ZX struts, 280z springs, late 610/b210 hats and perches, and if it sits to low, some sort of spacer on the top of the spring hat.

question I do have is at what height to i weld the new perches on, and how many coils to i cut from the z springs? the z springs are the same diamter as the early 610/b210 and just a touch longer, with a thicker wire

start with clamps on the struts and set the car down then adjust till you like where it sits the weld lower spring perches on use the clamps to give you a coil over effect till you get the ride hight you want

but why when upgraded springs are cheap and take alot less modification to make work

.... what do you mean? If I was talking about swapping from a coil to a leaf shure, i mean drill a hole in the a arm and bolt the main leaf to it.

Then adding in leafs until it stiff enuff.

Ive held one in there and shackles wouldnt be a problem at all.

• 3 weeks later...

Just thought I would update you guys on my car.

I ended up going with ZX struts and brakes, with B210 spring perches, and a 78 280z spring on the right front, and a b210 spring on left rear, I welded the spring perches in the same location that the zx springs where, and cut 3 full coils off. with KYB inserts for a 280zx

I also replaced all the suspension bushions front and rear with polyureathane

The rear got front springs from a D50

I had a cam ground its got .480 lift, 292 duration, and on a 108 lobe center, I also have a weber 38 outlaw on it now, with a transdapt one piece adapter, taylor 8mm plug wires, msd ss coil, msd 6al box, and got rid of the fram oil filter

Just thought I would update you guys on my car.

I ended up going with ZX struts and brakes, with B210 spring perches, and a 78 280z spring on the right front, and a b210 spring on left rear, I welded the spring perches in the same location that the zx springs where, and cut 3 full coils off. with KYB inserts for a 280zx

I also replaced all the suspension bushions front and rear with polyureathane

The rear got front springs from a D50

I had a cam ground its got .480 lift, 292 duration, and on a 108 lobe center, I also have a weber 38 outlaw on it now, with a transdapt one piece adapter, taylor 8mm plug wires, msd ss coil, msd 6al box, and my brother threatend my life if I didnt get rid of the fram oil filter

:P