ka vs. sr

80datson

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

its about the fact that there are tons of threads that go over this on every datsun/nissan site/fourm.

if you did a search you would find all the info you could ever need.

+ it really depends on what you want to get out of it. how much you want to spend, what your skills are.

so even if some one was going to try and answer your question, your not making it a easy answer.

• Like 1

http://www.bing.com/...=1-12&form=QBRE ..... its called a search engine.....google works aswell..... i think the interwebs is overly filled with "yo whats faster.... a ka24 or sr? yo.." depends on your knowledge and $$ if your willing to throw 10large at either block... then there really isnt a difference... stock trim tho is a different thing.... i suggest you spend the next 5 hours sitting on wikkipedia reading about the motors... then go to like import tuner... where theyve built a 850hp kat, and an equal figure sr20.... then come to us if you have follow ups

but how most ratsuners see it sr=cool/unique, and it is a solid performer in stock trim, and lighter but others see a ka as being better... its solid, there is a big aftermarket, and "there is no replacement for displacement", but the main part is that the ka is basically given away for free... unlike the pricey sr20.....

• Like 2

http://www.bing.com/...=1-12&form=QBRE ..... its called a search engine.....google works aswell..... i think the interwebs is overly filled with "yo whats faster.... a ka24 or sr? yo.." depends on your knowledge and $$ if your willing to throw 10large at either block... then there really isnt a difference... stock trim tho is a different thing.... i suggest you spend the next 5 hours sitting on wikkipedia reading about the motors... then go to like import tuner... where theyve built a 850hp kat, and an equal figure sr20.... then come to us if you have follow ups

but how most ratsuners see it sr=cool/unique, and it is a solid performer in stock trim, and lighter but others see a ka as being better... its solid, there is a big aftermarket, and "there is no replacement for displacement", but the main part is that the ka is basically given away for free... unlike the pricey sr20.....

You mad bro ?

• Like 1

You still mad bro?

lesson #1 from my experience on here. Dont piggyback someone elses joke. it will always get you negative rep and you will be frowned upon. especially when you use the joke on somebody who is schooling you.

• Like 3

BACK ON TOPIC. Because I'm sick of reading everyone's mindless bitching.

I like the displacement of the KA, and it's direct relation to the L series. Not to mention how easy it is to find one when you blow yours up. Cheap to build and readily available.

BACK ON TOPIC. Because I'm sick of reading everyone's mindless bitching.

a1458cb2-d4b2-45b6-b8b2-1a75f8cbfa74.jpg

Re: KA vs. SR

Well I think the KA24E looks nicer than the SR.

agreed. this looks extremely nice to me for some reason.

1830.jpg

...and not just the multi carbs... (actually R-1 carbs would look nicer) but that big ass valve cover does it for me.

i like the ka better because its MUCH easier to get a hold of, MUCH cheaper, bigger, and still lots of aftermarket support for relatively low cost.

exactly why i love mine it cost me nothing more than 20bux in gas, and a few hours out of my weekend........ lol my next door neighbor purchased a blacktop to swap into his s13... he said he would pay me to load my truck up with the motor, and run the ka to the recyclers..... i told him, if he wants he could throw me the ka as payment to pick up the blacktop.... lol free ka's ftw