ka vs. sr

80datson

Thats what I was thinking. Eventhough the sr's alum block n high revs I still think ka dominates

it certainly doesnt dominate. they both have their ups and downs. if i could afford it i would go sr all the way but thats not the case for most of us.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

BACK ON TOPIC. Because I'm sick of reading everyone's mindless bitching.

I like the displacement of the KA, and it's direct relation to the L series. Not to mention how easy it is to find one when you blow yours up. Cheap to build and readily available.

Yes also that. The relation to the l series and to be able to throw on a stumpy is a plus...

I seriously LOVE the SR, but I think it's overplayed in Datsuns. Nissans in general actually. If you have the money,why not just go VG? The extra CC's and two extra cylinders gives you potential way above the SR's

why not go6 moar than the VG and find a Nissan R383 for moar potential, and 700hp... and then quad turbo and supercharge and fog it with nos? because that wasnt part of the hypothetical question...:P ...sry... i had to metalmonkey....

but for real... id rather have an sr than a ka...

• Like 1

i forgot about the stumpy. that means i would be able to fit a tranny on the back of a ka in my car without cutting up the tunnel. and mines automatic so that gives me more room too.

Yeah I was going that route then I thought if your going do all that work for a k swap why not put the ka trans eventually you will need to if you want to produce more power. So I just cut mine. Its not like I'm going back to stock. And if I do which I doubt I can just Fab a plate to cover the cut hole.. no biggies..

because that wasnt part of the hypothetical question...:P ...sry... i had to metalmonkey....

How wasn't it? The discussion is over KA - SR, but why not VG? It within reason, and not much more complicated then the KA/SR. Were' not talking RB or anything, just VG,

If we seriously stuck to the topic on EVERY thread, Ratsun would have such a vast amount of creative minds. I'm on Ratsun because we're diverse. I'd like to keep it that way.

VIVA LA RATSUN.

i could get a vg30e out of a quest for the same price as a ka if not cheaper. you can get the whole van for like 500 in many cases. and in decent shape.

Any quest you buy that cheap though is a hunk of crap. i wouldn't trust the engine. Besides, aren't the FWD motors different? Z31's are a dime a dozen. I'd rather pull the whole drivetrain and use thatcool.gif

Edited by metalmonkey47

I seriously LOVE the SR, but I think it's overplayed in Datsuns. Nissans in general actually. If you have the money,why not just go VG? The extra CC's and two extra cylinders gives you potential way above the SR's

I think that would be too front heavy and too much power. It would probably just spin the tires... like driving in the rain LOL

i'm sticking with the a for quite a while. all my swap ideas are purely hypothetical. who knows maybe i can find that secret vacuum hose you take off and it unleashes an extra 150hp in 10 seconds. oh yeah i'm not a dumb ricer with a honda.

I think that would be too front heavy and too much power. It would probably just spin the tires... like driving in the rain LOL

:lol: :lol: reminds me of that one 620 with a blown VG.... ill look for it on youtube.... but the guy is playing around with his buddy at a red light... light turns green... GIIIIANT cloud of smoke.... the sr dime is gone but the 620 is still there burning holes in the pavement

btw ibftl or inb4tl means "in before the lock" .... im guessing mike the "king rat" might lock the thread if we dont behave

How wasn't it? The discussion is over KA - SR, but why not VG? It within reason, and not much more complicated then the KA/SR. Were' not talking RB or anything, just VG,

If we seriously stuck to the topic on EVERY thread, Ratsun would have such a vast amount of creative minds. I'm on Ratsun because we're diverse. I'd like to keep it that way.

VIVA LA RATSUN.

Any quest you buy that cheap though is a hunk of crap. i wouldn't trust the engine. Besides, aren't the FWD motors different? Z31's are a dime a dozen. I'd rather pull the whole drivetrain and use thatcool.gif

i worked on one in automotive that the teacher bought and it was in pretty good shape. $300 and as far as i could tell it was the same as the rwd version. but i might be wrong

:lol: :lol: reminds me of that one 620 with a blown VG.... ill look for it on youtube.... but the guy is playing around with his buddy at a red light... light turns green... GIIIIANT cloud of smoke.... the sr dime is gone but the 620 is still there burning holes in the pavement

btw ibftl or inb4tl means "in before the lock" .... im guessing mike the "king rat" might lock the thread if we dont behave

Please find I wanna see

i forgot about the stumpy. that means i would be able to fit a tranny on the back of a ka in my car without cutting up the tunnel. and mines automatic so that gives me more room too.

The short 'stumpy' is still a B tranny and not as strong as the C. True it will bolt on with the same matching tilt but I put a long B in my 710 that originally had a short 510 type 4 speed and there was tons of room at the back. It's all long and narrow and doesn't really conflict with the tunnel back there at all. Get a D21 C type from behind the Z24i or the KAE up to about '92 or so. This looks to be the shortest C type there is. (the S12, S13 and S14 C types are much longer for the longer car)

The short 'stumpy' is still a B tranny and not as strong as the C. True it will bolt on with the same matching tilt but I put a long B in my 710 that originally had a short 510 type 4 speed and there was tons of room at the back. It's all long and narrow and doesn't really conflict with the tunnel back there at all. Get a D21 C type from behind the Z24i or the KAE up to about '92 or so. This looks to be the shortest C type there is. (the S12, S13 and S14 C types are much longer for the longer car)

hmm. i have heard rumor that you are the tranny guy. i guess they were right.

lesson #2 dont put a honda b4 your datsun or any nissan for that matter.

If........ IF, you have to put honda before Datsun, do it like I just did with a lower case 'h'. Avoid this if at all possible or...

stop_it-1.png

VIVA LA RATSUN.

We aren't that rigid that we erase posts that stray off topic nor questions not properly searched first. When a noob asks how to put a SBC into his 620 he hasn't got yet, well I like to think it's just comic relief.

If........ IF, you have to put honda before Datsun, do it like I just did with a lower case 'h'. Avoid this if at all possible or...

stop_it-1.png

We aren't that rigid that we erase posts that stray off topic nor questions not properly searched first. When a noob asks how to put a SBC into his 620 he hasn't got yet, well I like to think it's just comic relief.

talk about played out. any chevy in anything including in other chevys is played out to the max. chevy this chevy that.