What are you doing tonight?

HRH

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

NO WAY i've been wanting to do that ever since i laid my eyes on Q45. now im sort of thinking of VK56. Nahh too big. 45 is perfect.

The problem with the VK56 I've seen is they have a wonky intake that makes hood clearance a bitch. If you made a custom intake, it would probably save a lot of the head ache in that case; or just use a bitchin modded hood.

A few people have asked why I didn't do a traditional LS# swap. Heh, I got a whole Q45 for $1000. I want to pull the 5-lug, all disc brake hubs and swap those in some how, also want to use the VLSD R200 in the ass end. I wouldn't mind figuring out a way to adapt over the ABS brake system as well when I pull over the rest.

I have a 5-speed from a 94 300ZX NA (manual on the NA and Turbo are the same internally, just use different bell housings and flywheel/clutch 240mm vs 250mm). Sadly the Q45 never came with a manual option. Got a special adapter plate to make them play along nice from a guy who wanted a 5-speed in his Q.

Figure if I can get the drive train (minus trans) and the engine out of the Q, then part out/scrap the rest, I should get about $500 back from the parts/scraps and get all the keeper parts for less than it would have cost at Pick'n'pull.

One of these days i need to rip the strut tower off a 280Z and a Q45 and compare them and start figuring out how i'm going to make the swap work.

Oh, if you do the swap, look for a 94 or 95 Q. They dropped the variable valve timing in 96 and the 91-93 came stock with a plastic backed timing chain tensioner which is prone to being a bitch and making you hate yourself. 94+ used metal backed tensioners.

There is very little difference in size between VK56 and VH/VK45.

VK56 has a manual option available to it also.

Huh, you're right. I thought the intake was really tall for some reason.

Interesting, what do those setups cost? Seems like it's overkill for most applications, but I certainly wouldn't mind filtering out more crap if it wasn't restrictive. I think the 1515 filters at 15 microns and there are lots of domestic V8s making big hp using stock filters. But every little bit.

I'm running 6000 mile change intervals with Royal Purple, changing the filter every 3000.

I think the whole system should be less than $300. It's supposed to cycle all of the oil through the partial filter ever 5 to 10 minutes or so. The full-flow (typical style) filter, even with AMSoil, using what I think is Donaldson's glass technology, is rated at about 15 microns; the partial-flow "super" filter is rated at less than 1 micron.

Here's an old but decent video; the acting is dick cheesy though :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rKBs6KGcgwI

babysitting. was supposed to go out and hang with some friends tonight, but i have to watch my nephew instead. dry.gif atleast i have an unlimited supply of beer! twofinger_salute.gif

Pass me one!!

Wait what brand o beer is it??

American soda pop.......well it is sold in 7/11 along with soda pop and about the same alcohol content as Canadian De-alcolized Beer.

I think Pumpkin finds that to be justifiable of homicide.

Me Too !!! FUCK FRAM !!! Almost Killed my engine ,,, I have a thread about it ,,, it's been a while ,,, NEVER AGAIN !!! Thing clogged and it's bypass valve didn't work ,,, I tried a Purolator , Napa-Gold , and K&N I believe spinning on and off ,,, You could see the oil draining back from the head ,,, the Fram did not allow ,,, I was sure I had ruined the motor as I started it up one morning ,,, and heard a significant rod-knock ,,, shut it off ,,, immediately ,,, and spun that Fucking Fram off ,,,

The motor was a rebuilt L28 ,,, with probably around 15,000 on rebuild ,,, no more than that ,,, regular oil and filter (everytime) changes at 3,000 miles with Valvoline Max Life , and Valvoline Full Synthetic ,,,

I heard a valve ticking on the freeway ,,, prior to this ,,, the night before ,,, thought I will park the car and get that done ,,, never thought it was starting to stave the engine ,,, I got lucky !!!

Never Again !!!! Fram Filters ,,, I walked into my garage and immediately Threw away ANYTHING Fram I saw ,,, I have heard Fram Fuel Filters Tend to fall apart and clog to !!! IDK or can't confirm ,,,

Nice Post on The K&N and Napa-Gold / Filter Comparison :D

cant even go to the 7-11 and get a beer. gotta go to a beer store.......sorry thats not my style. If canadians bag on american and our low alc/vol beer, they ought to bag on just utah........thats some red state shit there, mormons.

just razzing wait till I start on the 200th aniversary of war of 1812-1815 next summer :P

only de-alcoholized beer. liquer stores and cold beer and wine stores sell the real stuff our average alcohol content in beer is now pushing 7% - 8%.

to quote Homer Simpson

"hmmmmmmm beer.................."

ahhhhhhh I see :D ,,, who drinks de-alcoholized beer ? :lol: haha

:lol: hahaha Homer's A pimp !

Going to Thursday night Lights, its put on by one of the Import shops here in Cincinnati. Good time too. Started as kinda Import vs. Domestic thing but has grown into more of a King of the Streets event.

Anyone in the Cincy, OH area should check it out:

http://www.cincystre...ead.php?t=65007

This is the media thread and I'm pretty sure its open to non members of CSS.

Beers and Tire Smoke!! can't beat that!!

Teaser RB26 240sx vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSMrqVThjeM

Going to Thursday night Lights, its put on by one of the Import shops here in Cincinnati. Good time too. Started as kinda Import vs. Domestic thing but has grown into more of a King of the Streets event.

Anyone in the Cincy, OH area should check it out:

http://www.cincystre...ead.php?t=65007

This is the media thread and I'm pretty sure its open to non members of CSS.

Beers and Tire Smoke!! can't beat that!!

Teaser RB26 240sx vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cSMrqVThjeM

Shit Paul Walker just jizzed hizzelf! EXHAUST FLAMEZ!!!