Datsun Detroit locker differential for H190

Locker has been sold!

Hi all, friend of mine is listing this up for sale as it's not really what we wanted for our 200sx.

Here's the listing as it sits on Craiglist:

Datsun NoSpin Detroit locker differential for H190 NOS! - $500

FOR H190 SOLID REAR AXLES. New in the box never used from 30 years ago! Still has the tag on it! Comes in the box with the original manual, warranty card and everything! What you see in the pix is what you get. Differential only. Old school trick part for your pickup or race Datto. Make me an offer...

Asking 500 OBO - SOLD

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sby/pts/2583110978.html

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Big difference. When a locker "locks" it REALLY locks. LSDs use some sort of clutch pak, either viscous or actual clutch plates/cones, etc. There are a lot of different kinds of LSDs that behave differently, but the typical road LSD provides more torque to the wheel WITH grip vs an open differential that provides equal torque to both sides all the time (a spinning wheel uses very little torque, as does a stopped wheel, hence the one-wheel spin). A Locker simply locks the 2 sides together, which is useful off-road and on certain racetracks, but not so useful on normal or even wet roads. But, a Locker is better than a spool (no differential at all, it's a ring/pinion and a straight axle) IF you know how to drive one. But they can be unpredictable as to when they lock/unlock in a turn. I have one in my Chevy and it almost always chirps tires going around corners.

• 2 weeks later...

I drove a locker on the street in my Mustang back in the day. Not a tame way to go for sure. Random tire chirps around corners, the occasional loud Bang! under load when it locks in etc. U turns were the best... ka bang ka bang ka bang the whole way.

It was great on the track tho. Lots of fun in the rain when you were paying attention.

I would not go that way again for a street driven car.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.