finally got my Dastun 620 done

After 5 months of customizing and restoring i finally finished my datsun 620. the top has been chopped, door handles shaved, drip rail cut off, and many other mods. we specialy ordered the step side bed from California Step Side. i have been waiting for the moment when all the work has paid off and it finally has. i took it on its 1st text drive 3 days ago and i was very happy with the way everything came out. the interior is not done yet but it will be soon when i get that urge to finish it agian. i have allways wanted something different that will stick out from everything else and i came across this truck and then i just started forming it into my dream and this is what i came up with.

here is a link to a photo of my truck. im new to this site at the moment and dont exactly know how to upload a pic on here.

http://s656.photobuc...current=005.jpg

005.jpg

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

wow! so sweet....Man that is what I like!!! You've done some most impressive work there and I'm sure all of us here are liking what we see. I didn't know that

cal stepsides was still around. I last heard of them 20+ years ago I thought they were long gone. Did they custom the bed? Looks just like how I remember them. Hey when you get the chance throw in some of those close up pics. Later......................

wow! so sweet....Man that is what I like!!! You've done some most impressive work there and I'm sure all of us here are liking what we see. I didn't know that

cal stepsides was still around. I last heard of them 20+ years ago I thought they were long gone. Did they custom the bed? Looks just like how I remember them. Hey when you get the chance throw in some of those close up pics. Later......................

thanks man. the previous owner of the truck had bought a california step side in the 80s for the truck. he had it specialy order but he never put it on. i love the look on the stepside bed so i switch them. i have been really busy lately and will be able to post some more pics here in a little bit.

Exactly what I wanted to do except for I was hoping it was on my 620 KingCab. If you have pics galore. Start a build thread under projects even if its done. ( for us Ratsun folks, its never done)

Larry

ive been really busy but when i get a chance i will start a build thread. thanks.

I've always liked stepsides.

Clean work man, can we get some more pictures. Pity to put all that customization in it and not share it with us datto whores!

thanks man. i will post some pics here soon when i get a chance.

really nice

005.jpg

not so nice

101_0089.jpg

i would love to do my top like yours

Man i love your truck. very nice. i really like the covers over the parking light holes and the wheels. can you tell me the back spacing, width and size of the wheels your are running. im looking for a new set and i want to get my sizes right so i can tuck the wheels under and drop the truck some more.

What?? Yellow 620's are taking over son!!! I love your truck, never been a big fan of any stepside, but this one looks really nice!! Sweet work looking good!! Allow me to put an oic of mine as well LOL

2011-07-06_20-46-08_332.jpg

2011-08-09_16-53-57_390.jpg

thanks man. very nice truck you have here. i love the wheels and your dog.lol

Looks like my old Chevy Luv..it was chopped shaved, step bed etc...I really like this build, like the step beds. Show more pics of this cool rig...

72luv005-1.jpg

[/quote

thanks man. i will be posting new pics here soon

Man i love your truck. very nice. i really like the covers over the parking light holes and the wheels. can you tell me the back spacing, width and size of the wheels your are running. im looking for a new set and i want to get my sizes right so i can tuck the wheels under and drop the truck some more.

my wheels are 17x8 and i dont know my offset and the tires are 225/45r17 it ok for a old man like me :D