74' 710

damnitDave

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Edit:any recomendations on a front strut replacement for lowering her a couple of inches?anything i should watch out for on the 710?thanks in advance!

I am using 280zx struts with PL 510 spring perches welded on ..... .. . because the stock 280zx spring perch, and top hat, doesn't fit in a 710 strut tower

I needed 1" RCAs (Bumpsteer Spacers) because the calipers hit the steering,,, and it helps correct the front suspension geometry

710s have camber issues.... and eventually I will add coilovers and camber plates to my 280zx struts

Are you keeping the chrome bumpers or what??? ...... . :blink:

I've heard a few people say that 710s have camber issues - how does this affect the handling?

710s have camber issues.... and eventually I will add coilovers and camber plates to my 280zx struts

Are you keeping the chrome bumpers or what??? ...... . :blink:

i replaced all the bulbs and fuses that were dead(some were the original toshiba bulbs!),amazingly i have my front turn signals and all my running lights back!they all work.its amazing how clean the car is.its in the details,like how the sockets for the running lights look brand new!

anybody have an idea as to what kind of carb that is?

today its new spark plugs and wires.possibly a new ignition coil,as mine seems to be leaking oil from the front!any suggestions on a particular brand?i used to use bosch on my V-dubs.

@Indy510 so eventually whats going to work best (maybe pricier) are the coilovers and camber plates? is there a brand that i should work with that makes them fit the 710?

oh and im so keeping those bumpers!

RcWpU.jpg

VhOu6.jpg

SH4A9.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Common problem with the 710 sedans too. Water collects just under the rear window and rusts the metal away. There is a chrome trim that is supposed to act like a sloping roof and let it drain down into the trough below the trunk lid where it follows the rubber trim seal around to either side and fall out the back over the tail lights. In practice it gets behind the chrome trim and rots the supporting metal under the glass away. On my '74 there was nothing supporting the bottom of the rear glass and the metal had t be replaced and the window better sealed. On a side note, once the paint was removed from the trunk lid there was a pin hole where rot was just starting from underneath the support of the lid. Again water was getting in there.

• 7 months later...

ive been having some maintenance issues and its been getting warmer here,so shes been in the shop. ive been taking some pics as i go.

the rear wheel cylinder blew out and i lost my brakes last week,and this weekend i cut a coil off the front springs.i also scrapped 8 pounds of grease and dirt off the front end,lol.she will probably get an additional 1/2 coil later this week.i love the new stance and handling already. next up is strut inserts and front end bushings and paint the undercarriage.im ordering that stuff this week.im gunning to have her sea worthy for Canby.

gvJw5l.jpg

hFaMml.jpg

vmnJ6l.jpg

lPJKpl.jpg

how she sat before

Fku7el.jpg

how shes sitting now

aKgs6h.jpg

and a couple nice shots for you

9u0k5l.jpg

iblPvl.jpg

lQbZvl.jpg

Stance looks good, but youre right... it could use another little drop. Ive seen a couple threads with people cleaning up their suspension and it makes me want to clean mine. I really need to clean all wheel wells and rear diff area.

Youre lookng good!