Why Ford is better than Chevy

oh yes they did, '64 galaxie sittin im my garage right now, same color too...

My old one was originally that sea foam blue also..

AND kamakazi ..some of us don`t have to search the interwbs for a clean straight example of the car ,,were talking about

datsun005-1.jpg

datsun007-1.jpg

FYI ,,the mercury topaz in first oic was traded for a running driving 510..the one below

datsun024.jpg

Try that with yer honda YO!!

• Like 2
  • Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest kamakazi620

My old one was originally that sea foam blue also..

AND kamakazi ..some of us don`t have to search the interwbs for a clean straight example of the car ,,were talking about

datsun005-1.jpg

datsun007-1.jpg

FYI ,,the mercury topaz in first oic was traded for a running driving 510..the one below

datsun024.jpg

Try that with yer honda YO!!

Who said i even own a honda now??? WTF??? I dont have ta try in a Honda anyway!!! I'd rather pass you fools with 35mpg town and 42+ on the highway,And that galaxy is F'n UGLY just ask a LOWRIDER what did cheech Drive???? Cheby

once upon a time i was going to by a chevy truck, until i looked at how it was built(70's, 80's trucks) the axles look like tooth pics. friends were breaking theirs, so I bought a ford. couldn't break the thing

305/350 vs 302/351 - anything can be done to either one for roughly the same $$. I like the fords because they are a bit narrower than the chevy, and the dizzy in the front makes it easier to get to. Plus- a 302 ia actually a better engine for swaps for this reason because you can get the engine against the firewall. I had one in my 85 720 and plan to put one in my 280z.

I also like ford smallblocks because the valve train isn't as subjective. Just torque the rockers and go instead of "I think that sounds right"

As for would I buy/drive a chevy? prior to a certain year all brand loyalty goes out the window. Hell yeah I'd drive a 69 Camaro or chevelle, a Torrino or Challenger. Certain cars any car guy would drive because they are just cool, no matter rthe brand.

I drive a 99 F250 v10 and love it. No issues, nicest truck I've ever had. Would I turn down a free **fill in the blank**? Hell know. I was told by a chevy guy if you want a truck that is a decent truck but drives like a car, buy a chevy. If you want a truck that works like a truck but rides like one too, buy a ford.

Ford didn't take a bailout-'nough said!

BTW- my 720 as a 4 banger pulled a f250 barried to its frame out of the mud like nothing. That was a beast little truck. It made jeeps look like posers all day.

I could go on but WTF for? I'm right in my own head at least!

Guest kamakazi620

I was born into classic Chevy family. My first car and my daily driver for the last 8+ years. I've had some fords too but nothing tops my Impala. I would NEVER get rid of it. Very well built and its a sex machine of a grocery getter!!!!

DSC01108.jpg

^^^^ LOVE the '61 Man!!!! Pussy MAGNET!!!!!! I pulled quite a few chicks just because i drove a '64 Bel Air......

Has Ford ever built something This SEXY??????

chevy-impala-64-picture-12197.jpg

In short~ YES.

427cobra.jpg

Not only was it faster than anything ever or since produced (up to the last couple years anyway~ Bughatti Veyron comes to mind), the AC Cobra would also do what none else could~

0-100-0 in ten seconds....

Now THAT, my friends, is a joy ride I'd trade a nut for~!

In short~ YES.

427cobra.jpg

Not only was it faster than anything ever or since produced (up to the last couple years anyway~ Bughatti Veyron comes to mind), the AC Cobra would also do what none else could~

0-100-0 in ten seconds....

Now THAT, my friends, is a joy ride I'd trade a nut for~!

Well, to be fair, this is originaly an AC Bristol design, not really a Ford. Ford powered only because Shelby could not get a Chevy for it. Don't get me wrong, all time favorite for me too!

I have owned a Cuda, Chevelle and a Mustang, but in the end, I have 510 :D

Well, to be fair, this is originaly an AC Bristol design, not really a Ford. Ford powered only because Shelby could not get a Chevy for it. Don't get me wrong, all time favorite for me too!

So true, but my point laid not with the parent thread subject~ but rather the"sexiest car ever" comment. I have a true passion for ANY car/manufacturer. I think at some point prior to puberty somebody must've replaced my cardiovascular system with a dry sump and RedLine oil. Just because my soul's bound to a BowTie doesn't mean I don't want to fix/restore/mocify/save every classic car on the planet. It is the ultimate in automotive recycling~ and the other love of my life....:cool:

I have owned a Cuda, Chevelle and a Mustang, but in the end, I have 510 :D

Technically ..Chevy didn`t make any of their bodies ..Fisher body designed and built them ..the body number on a chevy is a FISHER body number not chevrolet ,it only included GM numbers to designate certain options.

Hence the body by Fisher on the door sill..

Technically ..Chevy didn`t make any of their bodies ..Fisher body designed and built them ..the body number on a chevy is a FISHER body number not chevrolet ,it only included GM numbers to designate certain options.

Hence the body by Fisher on the door sill..

GM completed a buyout of Fisher in 1926~ and in fact in the early teens made bodies for Ford as well as others (Chalmers, Stude, etc...)

As for trucks I have always been a Ford guy, I have owned several Rangers and now I own a 2004 new body style pick up. I bought it brand new and it now has 185,000 miles on it, it was an awesome truck until at 184,000 miles the engine took a shit,not sure how it exactly happened but alll cylinders had low compression! So I ended up replacing with new long block $3000 later my truck is running like new again and it was worth every penny. Makes me wonder how much longer tranny is going to last and I still would not trade for a Chevy. And by the way that Impala looks hideous with those rims Oda Lay Vato!